Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 1.24.14 (Read 38 times)

janie b good

thanks stumpy!  I had no idea you weren't allowed to pump your own gas in certain states!

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Spareribs as I mentioned yesterday a colleague and friend of mine had his prostrate removed.  He is doing quite well.  I know that is not guaranteed to happen, still it is the most likely outcome.  Best wishes with whatever you do.  As to braving the elements when you are younger I was clearly born old! 

enkephalin I predict the person writing that prediction about the current generation not living as lone will be proven wrong.  Predictions like this are based on a total lack of imagination.  Yes, it will turn out to be true if medical progress comes to a grinding halt.  But, if anything, as nearly all technologies have done in the past century I bet advances accelerate.  How far are we from growing new organs outside the body?  50 years?  Well, that makes a 22 year old 72 with a new heart, lung, kidney, etc.  Sigh, the earth has been around a few billion years and I am going to miss advancements like this by a few decades and even more amazing ones by a century or two.  Whose idea was it for me to be born in 1960? 

No run for me today since I ran yesterday.  An hour on the elliptical instead followed by some weights.  Tomorrow I head out with my DW on a week long vacation.  I am not sure what my internet connection will look like so this may or may not be it for me until I return.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

Spareribs as I mentioned yesterday a colleague and friend of mine had his prostrate removed. 

I'm still trying to figure out if you are spelling it "prostrate" to see if anyone notices the error or not. If this is a test, then I pass

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'm still trying to figure out if you are spelling it "prostrate" to see if anyone notices the error or not. If this is a test, then I pass

tammy - someone once said that really smart people don't bother with spelling, or they are so old that they can't see the misspelled ones anymore.  .

Dave - If no. 2 gets to grow up in Floriday, nix the shoes altogether.

Maybe in 2083 she can say about 2013 what I say about 1943

when people ask me when I started running barefoot.

ps ribs:  maybe the surgery and then the radiation.

good luck and please keep keep posting as much as possible

as I can't imagine anyone,especially some of the other old timers

who are not intensely interested and concerned..

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Ribs - not a downer at all – we want to know! Thank you for letting us be with you through this process. I know when you shared your experiences with your heart surgery, not only did I learn a lot but I cherished hearing “the inside story.”

NHLA – hoping your ankle strain heals up fast.

Sarge – nice run in frigid conditions!

Dave – congratulations on the upcoming arrival of grandbaby #2!

{{{Tammy’s calf}}}

Leslie – I have weather-envy….

Twocat – enjoy!

Mariposai - DH, DD and I are watching The Wolverine tonight as our family night movie...

Tonight we are expecting 2-4 more inches of snow, temps in the teens but with 40mph wind gusts. I had planned on going to run a couple loops of a local Fat Ass 50k tomorrow (4 loops is 50K), but I have decided against it. The run is on the same trail route as Germantown 50K, which was challenging enough for me in dry weather, but with several inches of new snow on the trail, my fear of snapping an ankle overrides my desire to try it. Plus I have bought a ticket to my son’s school club fundraiser, a Zumba class from 2-4pm tomorrow, and THAT one is indoors. Sounds like the better option.

7 miles for me this morning on the TM watching The Great Gatsby.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Ribs - not a downer at all – we want to know! Thank you for letting us be with you through this process. I know when you shared your experiences with your heart surgery, not only did I learn a lot but I cherished hearing “the inside story.”

Just popping in to catch up and sending hugs and prayers to Ribs, Lamerunner and everyone else  who needs them!!

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get a quality tempo run in for Boston training -- I run track Wed nights (we did hill repeats this week), and want to run long on Sundays -- I work 12 hour days Mon/Tues/Friday.  Our coach doesnt recommend tempo runs the day before or after track or long runs but I dont think I am going to have a choice so planning on tempo tomorrow am and long Sunday am.  I can sometimes get to the gym after a 12 hour shift, but dont really think I have a quality tempo run in me at that time of night - oh well, if that's my biggest problem right now I can deal with it!!

denise

Mariposai

Denise, good luck with your schedule to fit in the tempo run. Working schedules can be tough for three key workout during one week.

I  took the time to do some gym time tonight after work. My goal of doing 2 hours of XT a week at times becomes impossible unless I do it half an hour at the time.

Tomorrow is a big day for my wings: I will have the honor of having a tea party with a 3 year old and a 2 month old while their mama have a chance to pamper herself (daddy has been gone on business for a week and mama needs a me time desperately).

Holly, enjoy the movie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard