Masters Running

Weds 3/18 Daily Runs and Fun Stuff (Read 544 times)

Ok Timbo, here goes..... I have no idea if this will work. Funny thing is when I went to Flikr, I found 2 other pix that I'd saved from the Huntsville Rudolph Run in Dec. So I'm going to now try to post them all here.. I took your advice and clicked all sizes and didn't post anything. My Mac kept freezing up so i had to exit out of Flickr and then go back in... Woo hoo! It worked! Hooray. The Rudolph pic is blurry because the guy I went w/ (who is a photographer!) didn't do so well. Thanks!! I feel like a rocket scientist now! CIMG0337 CIMG0338 CIMG0262

Renee the dog

Fussy is a rocket scientist! Good job getting those pics up here! Did get my last two uphill miles on the TM last night, and today was stretching and a yoga session. Figures. It's perfect, spring-like weather and I have a non-running day. Roll eyes Having a blast chatting with some grade school and high school friends about running. We were all such geeks back then and now we all run (and are therefore much less geeky Cool ). Perhaps some will end up joining us here.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Congrats fussy...it does feel good to finally figure it out, huh. Mighty big and really kewl pic's too...I really love that first one Smile TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tim, What a great birthday present your daughter gave you. I also am impressed with your biking . My best friend whom I kayak and SCUBA with rides but does not run and I run and don't really ride much so I am always tempted to start biking so that we could ride together but last year I went on a 10 mile ride with him and I thought my quads where going to burst into flames and he was taking it easy on me. I have trouble fitting it in with me running so much already. Maybe when I get over this marathon obsession I will give it a better attempt. 7 easy miles in 1:10:00 or a 9:20 pace. My right hamstring has been tight all day and although it did loosen up some during my run I could feel every hill. I got home and stretched it really good maybe ice it later. I need to heal up before Sundays 14 miler hopefully. Did someone put out the Bat signal ? Nice to hear from you Steve. Good runs everone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Henrun

Fussy, glad you finally got the hang of it. Marj does the posting of our photos and I'm too lazy to learn as long as she does itWink Did my midweek longer run today (10 miles) along the Charles and Boston's Harbor Walk. Beautiful (almost) spring day near 60 but with a southwest wind. I started late morning and met up with Marj during her lunch hour run. We did a few miles together until she got back to work. We, also, got out Boston numbers today-24025 and 24026. As expected, we'll be starting in the last corral-good to keep me from 'zooming' out and tiring out fast.

Marathon Maniac #957

Fussyrunner - great pics! Henrun - that corral is where all the fun is... Wink

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Yesterday I didn't have time to read or post or run, but I'm glad work is busy because hopefully it means I will remain employed! Tim, happy belated birthday greetings - is this the big five-oh? Your daughter is very pretty, but does wear some provocative low-cut outfits! I wouldn't let MY daughter dress like that, but she's only 15, and those high school boys DO NOT need that much of a view. Big grin Helen, great job on posting your pictures! I really like the first one, too. Are any of you Boston folks in the same corral? (kind of makes you sound like cattle... mooooooo.) It's warm again this week in Denver, 60's and 70's. Today was about 60 and partly overcast; a very pleasant day for a lunchtime run of 6.25 miles. I wanted to do a couple of faster miles just to see if I could, but most of the run was on single track dirt trail so it was hard to go fast. My avg pace was about 11:00 but I picked up the pace to 9:53 for mile 4, when the trail came out on a dirt road for a while.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Wednesday - 9.34 miles - 1:22:01 - (8:47) - Avg HR 129 Max HR 177 (Wierd spike right at the start) Cloudy with light rain showers and 54 My Boston # 8390.
                  SteveP

Nice pictures Tim. Kewl birthday present. Sorry to hear about your FIL TomS 2.5 miles with DW, our dog and FIL's Samoyed.....This is the first year they've had the dog and I didn't douse the dog in green food coloring on the 17th.

SteveP

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

About 6 miles of slow running this morning, plus at least 3or4 of walking....in one of the ultras I ran last year, my ankles took a beating from the fast walking I did towards the end ....so I figure a little bit of training with that too might save me some pain on the Sun after next, the day after my 100K. ...I was also overdressed and hot , both my Garmin and Ipod died on me and I felt I needed an easy lazy day.... I always enjoy reading everybody's tales and comments, I just cannot keep up with replies myself ...just for the record!!! A great evening to all!!!!! Francesca
                      evanflein

so nice to see Steve posting! And yay on the no green dog this year.
                        stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back Steve, Hope evertyhing is well. Your in-laws have no sense of humor Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Gents Very attractive young lady Tim. I got an easy 7.65 in last night and followed up with a swim this morning. I'm very jealous of Tim getting some biking in.......Maybe next week. Tough day at work yesterday......My weekend project blew up.......literally. A 150hp electric motor up on the roof. At least the crane was still on site. I guess it'll make my extended weekend all the more worth it ! I am so ready to kick back. If I ever figure out how to post pics Tim I'll share photo's of my kids too.......I got a good one of the three of them playing Rock Band.
                            Slo, did you happen to see how fussy figured out how to post pictures...if not, I will help ya, ok. That's scary, I (of all people) am helping people do this, lol. TimmiBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

so many great runs out there!! and i can feel the Boston excitement building up -- sooooo cool!! I will be on the medical sweeps team again -- just received the notification on that --- now waiting to see what shift i have for packet stuffing!! deb - thanks for advocating for me for a beach2beacon number Big grin wonder how many duplicate registrations they're going to find when all is said and done Tim - sounds like you had a great b-day --- oh and i have a 21 yo son who would LOVE to meet your 21 yo daughter!!Wink just realized i haven't posted since Sunday -- geesh Monday -- 30 min indoor bike, 30 min elliptical, abs and stretching Tuesday -- tough swimming workout -- went to a coached workout for the first time -- wow!! Wed -- 4 miles in just over 45 minutes using my walk 4 min/run 6 min plan

denise

Tramps

This is the first year they've had the dog and I didn't douse the dog in green food coloring on the 17th.
                                Somehow I'm a little disappointed by this. Traditions are very important. (Good to see you posting, Steve.)

Be safe. Be kind.