Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 12.22.14 (Read 30 times)

mrrun

Tet - Henry has lots of beach pictures, but no barefoot ones - not his strong point

Amy - good to hear from you - glad you've started back

our sun has gone and we have rain, lightening, and thunder. tomorrow should be better. anyway we're not home and it's warm!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hi Amy!  You do know that we like to hear from you even when you're not running, right?  Welcome Back.

3.1 miles yesterday and discovered my Garmin ate it and my last run before that.  Oh well, I remembered the distance and pace, so at least recreated them.

Tomorrow we head up to Maine to open the camp for a few nights and enjoy Christmas there and at DD's apartment.  Not much in the way of snow happening, though.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Glad to see Amy stick her toe back in the water. Seriously, grrl, you do not have to be running to post here! Hope you're continuing to get better.

All you people who bake cookies and make candies for the holidays.... sheez, makes me tired. I just don't know how I'd find the time, much less the inclination. But really, I used to bake a lot several years ago. Soon learned that I just ate most of the product so put an end to that nonsense.

I just realized today that my Garmin 305 is just over 5 years old. What's the expected life on these things anyway? I found the e-mail from Garmin thanking me for registering it. Now they don't want anything to do with it. Oh well, besides a few idiosyncrasies, it seems to keep chugging along.

Ran 5.7 miles tonight in temps around -4°. Not a bad run, good steady pacing and after the first mile and a half I warmed up pretty well. As long as my hands aren't cold, I usually do pretty well. Need to find my balaclava with the mouth cut out though. The one I wore today frosts up and makes it hard to breathe, so I keep pulling it down to my chin. Sort of defeats the purpose, right?

I've been saying more or less this at home for the past few years. Told T to do some artwork instead, because she gets cranky while baking (and after if too many cookies are consumed) while art makes her happy. She's doing an illustration of birds.

All you people who bake cookies and make candies for the holidays.... sheez, makes me tired. I just don't know how I'd find the time, much less the inclination. But really, I used to bake a lot several years ago. Soon learned that I just ate most of the product so put an end to that nonsense.