Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 8.28.14 (Read 38 times)

SteveP

I hope your MRI turns out well, HenRun

Oh the Musk Ox Run sounds challenging! Sorry about the booboos. If trail races didn't have gravity, they'd be much more fun.

SteveP did you check with Avenger Doggie on that east Brussels sprouts edict?

He'll eat nearly anything if we tell him we're going to give it to Honey. A pickle fell on the floor and we made that threat, he chewed and choked it down and made some ridiculous faces.

I got another call back from my former employer with an offer of even more money. With the place I'm at now, we have three people who have been on medical leave since spring. My leaving is going to put a hurting on them. I'll let them both know Tuesday.

Today was AD's birthday, however, we're not celebrating till this weekend. DW and I did take him out for a few miles  and gave him special attention.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

That's some good racing up there in Alaska!  Nice job guys.  Hope you heal up quick, Erika.

Marathon Maniac #957

Twocat - that just reinforces my strong belief that bacon will make almost anything better....

Erika - wow - you didn't lose much time in spite of the falls - great racing, and I am glad that the falls apparently did only minor damage.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Bacon and peanut butter sandwiches are often a must for the longer (100+) ultra races.  I have yet to have the guts to try it in non-racing conditions, let alone racing conditions.  But since my gut revolts against peanut butter when running . . . .

Henry - It took forever for my AT tendonitis to go away, and I still have to be very careful.  Stinks.

Oh, Abby!  Poor baby.

I'm forgetting some of you, but I've been answering phone calls in between trying to get this post done, so that's it for now.

30 min of core/ST last night while watching Trisha Yearwood's Southern Cooking on The Food Network.  I had to wipe the slobber off the TV when I was done.

6 miles in very damp, foggy conditions this a.m.  Not looking forward to tomorrow's 21 in the Community Forest.  It's going to take me forever (I predict 5.5 to 6 hrs) as it's nothing but up down up down up down.  I'm supposed to treat this run like it's the first 21 miles of my 50-miler coming up on October (up down up down up down) and run it like a race.  I'll be creating my own AS about a mile in, so I won't have to carry everything with me.  Our local Grocery Outlet had king size Snickers and Mars bars on sale for $0.99 each so I picked up a bunch (and hid them from The Hub).  Half of one of those is 220 calories.  I plan to mix that with some nuts, raisins, maybe some oranges and whatever else I can find to throw on my gut and see how it and my body respond.  I'm tired of bonking on my Saturday runs.

College football started yesterday.  The Hub is in pure heaven.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance