Masters Running

Sunday Daily 3/29/15 (Read 40 times)

Happy Sunday everyone.

Went out this morning and did around 8K. It was good but was I tired on the last hill coming home. I think the huge heavy kettlebell workout the day before and the multiple core exercises wiped me out. Oh well....I did it.  I am feeling pretty good although I had a bit of a PF flair up on the PF I tore last year so doing lots of stretching and rolling for it.

Have a great night...and wow Kentucky came back even after I thought Notre Dame had them. Perfect season still possible but next two games will be tough for them as their out side shooting is poor. They are just so darn big.

Recent Best times: None recently

, “papo doesn’t have a beard,” he had to explain, “it’s his neck!”

...I Love it........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Shoot, I can't wait to have grandkids, but it's gonna be a long wait....

As DS is only 14 (15 in 2 weeks) and DD is 12 and has asked me many times if childbirth is painful.....aw...."no, not really?".

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Childbirth painful?  I never felt a thing.

I did 8 miles, tonight.  I don't know why, but every muscle in my body ached, today.  I'm not sick, or anything--I'm just sore.  I really just wanted to lie around the house and do nothing all day.  But...after church, I had to go fix the kitchen sink at the boys' house, then, I  came home and did that 8 miler.  I'm still sore, but I'm glad I did my run.  Only 2 more tough workouts before the marathon.  Hopefully, my body will start feeling better.  I feel like an old man.

Okay--that's it--gotta go.  See ya!

evanflein

I can wait for grandkids... my boys are 23 and almost 21 and they each have very nice girlfriends. But... life should be at least somewhat figured out first, right?

Mike, sometimes the buildup to the marathon can take a lot out of you. Good for you for getting it done, now work on a recovery plan.

Hi Tall! I haven't done weights in a long time, but I remember it was never a good idea to do legs before a hill run!

We did have another gorgeous day and lots more melting going on. Puddles everywhere, and I had to be somewhat strategic on my run today to keep from getting splashed by cars. But found most of the bike path cleared with just some residual slush and snow in shaded spots. Lots of back-and-forth and out-and-backs to get it done, but managed 14.5 miles which is my longest run in quite some time. I think I actually feel some endurance coming back, as I wasn't totally wiped out after this run, even after the 9 hilly miles yesterday. Still not ready for the additional 12 miles for a marathon, but getting there! 55.1 miles for the week, another highest in many months.

Marathon Maniac #957

Childbirth painful?  I never felt a thing.

That really deserves a WHAP!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."