Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 2.20.16 (Read 39 times)

TammyinGP

congrats tom on another race! That's some speedy walking!

Holly, thanks for the offer . . . but um...no thanks.   I have several friends with, let's say "challenging" teen daughters. . . and I must say that God knew what He was doing when He gave us one son. I'm afraid neither of us would be a very good parent to a daughter.

I think Debbie would love a cat. I know the day care kids would probable love it - until the cat brought one of them a mouse. although a few of those boys might think that's pretty cool

Ran a ridiculously slow 5K today. I told David he needs to get back to coaching me because I was actually running some decent times and running a few PR's when he was coaching me. 30:15 for 6th AG today. haven't pulled up results yet to see where I ranked. there may have only been 7 in my AG . . .okay, maybe 6.

Tammy

Mike E

MM #5615

Does anybody love running as much as Posie?  Does anybody love life as mush as Posie?

Congratulations on 6th in your age group, Tammy!  Hey--at least you got out there.  I'm sure there are a whole lot more that 6 or 7 women in you age group in your area--you beat everyone who stayed home.  Nice job!

I did 10 miles and, now, I'm icing.

Speaking of icing...somebody was asking about running through injuries a couple days ago.  I would never want to encourage anybody to run with pain in any part of their body.  But, to be honest--if I stopped running every time something hurt--I would not be doing much running.  I'm not trying to sound like a tough guy, or anything--but it's a fact.  My whole life, I would run for a couple months--feel pain--stop running for a couple months--run for a couple months--feel pain--stop running for a couple months--and on and on and on.  When I started training for my first marathon ('94 Twin Cities) in the summer of '93, I ran for a couple months and, sure enough, I started feeling pain.  I made up mind that I wasn't going to stop and I just ran through it...and, luckily, I ended up okay.  Over the years, I have taken time off to let things heal, only to feel the same pain when I started back up again.  So--I don't know the answer--but for me--until the pain is absolutely unbearable, I just keep going.  Debbie will, sometimes, ask me, "Why do you torture yourself like that?"  I don't always have a very good answer.  I just don't know what I would do if I couldn't run.

Okay--Debbie just texted me--she's on her way home.  I have to go shake a rug or something.  See ya!

Still running Wink

Glad that I went on a Buehrle run today - even if it was a virtual run

Nice meet-up - I know a couple of those friendly faces!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

Bushrat Runner

Ended up in the city but off the grid this week. Forgot my computer at home on a work trip. Like being without shoes...hard to remember what I did before I was on the computer all the time.

Ran 2 miles today with a sort of hot/cold sick feeling in my head...2 miles with DS. That brings me to 4 runs in 7 days, long of 4 miles, short of 2.

At least I am finally getting out somewhat consistently. Feels like good progress. Might have some more marathons in me next year...

TammyinGP

as it turns out I was 5/12 in my AG. better than I thought. if I can still finish in top 1/2 of my AG, I'm okay with that.

Tammy

Mariposai

Does anybody love running as much as Posie?  Does anybody love life as mush as Posie?

ahhh, I am humbled by this comment!

I hope this is on my epitaph some day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

and here's the picture from falafel inn aamos &DH, stevep and DW, and us  3 of us ran 15K only while aamos ran 15K and 5K. tomorrow aamos runs half & 8k and her DH runs 8k.  Henrun and I are off to the beach!

Love this - awesome group!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Hey Slo, do you have a streak goal in mind? I think Perchcreek started out thinking hey, let's see how far I can take this and he's over 2,000 days now. I guess I should start thinking of an actual plan for Green Bay. I keep thinking I can do that as it gets closer.

Kinda...122 days. I started Jan 1st. 122 days takes me to May 1st and is exactly 1/3rd of the year. since it's a leap year and all 366 days.

I'm not going to try to match Perch. Plus there is this RAGBRAI thing at the end of July that I do.

wildchild

Carolyn

Greta picture of the Florida RA meetup!  And nice racing, too!

I had a blast at yesterday's fat ass run.  It was billed as a 10 hour run, and you could run as much or little as you wanted.  The course was an 8 mile loop, and it was decent condition at the start, but super muddy by the afternoon!  I thought of Leslie's mud run, but I doubt her mud was caused by lots of melting snow, since she says she's never run in snow.   Anyway, I finished 4 laps, 32 miles, in about 7 1/2 hours.  The woman I was running with was heading out for another lap, since she planned to run the whole 10 hours, but I decided a 50k was enough for the day.  I'm not sure running further than that would really be a benefit to my training, since I'd have to take days off to recover! Plus, I was ready to have a beer and hang out with my friends in the parking lot. 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

...great,

tselbs takes up RaceWalking 48-hours ago and beats my Best Time by 2-minutes,,,,,,

nicely done

===========

back from

Ft Campbell last night,

Pickles had a good check up with her doc,

she is Stable, and that's what we want

60-min of Doddering (with hand weights) in the rain Sunday to Celebrate

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....