Masters Running

Wednesday, July 23, Ghost-written runs (Read 569 times)

I guess I'm too late to get my free trial offer with the ghost writer. 3.2 miles on Monday, slow and boring.. Nothing since. Lots of laundry to do, later folks!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

5 miles - easy start - progressive - 8:35 - 8:13 - 8:00 - 7:47 - 7:14 - 39:49 (7:58) - 68 & rain today Sad Hey Ribs take care and report back to us ASAP or there will be heavy fines! We'll all be thinking of you and hoping all goes well. Smile

King of PhotoShop

7.2 miles in 1:02:00 8.5 minute miles or there abouts. Not the run I planned for today. I started out great : Mile1 8:49 warm up Mile 2 8:04 just about right mile 3 8:02 holding pace even on some pretty good hills mile 4 8:03 My feet are light and the turnover feels good Then something went bad mile 5 9:15 and fading Mile 6 9:04 and working way to hard mile 7 10:11 and glad to be home Not sure whats up with that run but was planning on the middle 5 at 8 Minute miles . Larry
        Larry, that was a fine run. You had some good quality miles planned at 8's, which is way better than going out for 7 miles with no plan. You are right that there are these days that just remind us "it's too hot", or "hey, I didn't know I was tired today", or maybe it's just the biorhythm thing where we never can predict freshness. But if I did a run like this and got in a few quality miles as you did, I would be quite satisfied. An easy day tomorrow and you will kick butt on Friday. Nice going! Spareribs

King of PhotoShop

5 miles - easy start - progressive - 8:35 - 8:13 - 8:00 - 7:47 - 7:14 - 39:49 (7:58) - 68 & rain today Sad Hey Ribs take care and report back to us ASAP or there will be heavy fines! We'll all be thinking of you and hoping all goes well. Smile
          Hey Bob, you are seriously bugging me with that 7:14 finish! Nice run, and thanks for the best wishes. Also, tell Joel I admire him no end. He is just running great now, and you two are lucky to have each other as friends and running buddies. Spareribs
            Hey Bob, you are seriously bugging me with that 7:14 finish! Nice run, and thanks for the best wishes. Also, tell Joel I admire him no end. He is just running great now, and you two are lucky to have each other as friends and running buddies. Spareribs
            Thanks Ribs, I'll pass it on to Joel and believe me I know just how very lucky I am to have gotten to know him and have him as a friend. I am so very thankful for the day I was introduced to him at a race and he invited me to join his group of running friends...it has sure changed my life in more ways than I can count, especially my running...all positive I might add. Big grin
              4.8 miles slow & easy, hamstring loosened up enough, after about 1.5 miles, to carry a 10:00 pace. Group run followed by dinner, lots of fun. Now time to ice. Bob nice to hear from you & thanks for the beautiful pics. Cool

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I've warned my cohorts in North Carolina that if there is a crime wave tonight, it's due to PC's inactivity on the roads--he's bound to go getting into trouble without his daily run! Ribs, how much do you pay us if we agree to send you the details of our runs? OTramps, I know, I know--I used to live on the east coast where my paperback book covers just curled over in the summer due to the humidity, but after 5 years in the dusty Black Hills, this humidity is huge. We did get up to well over 80% today! Bob, so glad to see Amy and her flower. Please remind her I'm an Amy also and tell her 2 things--no, 3! 1) I still have my tonsils after having lots of sore throats and earaches as a kid; 2) I still sometimes call flowers "pokies" because when I was very little and younger than she, I started out calling flowers pokies because they poked out of the ground and that's what made sense to me; 3) One of the reasons I ran mile 9 for her was because there are 9 on a baseball team and as I was reading your post, I was listening to the Red Sox win an extra-inning game in Seattle, and I'm convinced she was the good luck charm (baseball people are VERY superstitious). 6 for me in the hot and humid noon heat (8:17 pace, I think) and then 5 more (sub 8s) with my running club after cooling thunderboomers moved through during the afternoon. Say mainerunnah, are you doing Portland this year? grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                  Say mainerunnah, are you doing Portland this year?
                  Big grin If you mean the "Portland" Maine Marathon...yes I'll be there...wouldn't miss it!
                  munchkn883

3.5 miles this evening. Cooled down so it was alot easier. Felt really good to get out....this might actually turn out to be a "walk 3 times" week!!
                    Mariposai

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force today... Oh that explains it... Perchcreek took a rest day! Shocked
                      OhHHHHH, I He can finally get a butterfly hug from REsting....sheehhhh, he is a hard one to get Tongue

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

It was cool here this evening too! I had lots of grocery shopping to do for our upcoming backpacking trip so I didn't get home till 7:30. DH and DD are still out running errands of their own, so I went for a wonderful 4.3 mile run with Tazzie and Ladybug. It was 53 degrees, freshly clean from today's rain, but not still raining, and there was a magnificent rainbow! As the sun set behind the divide, the clouds lit up all yellow and orange. Wow. I would have run longer but it was getting pretty dark.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Well I did the 10 mile race tonight. What a great field for a small race. I came in 5th overall 2nd AG behind Adrian that I train with with a 1:02:11 on a hot humid night. Tough loop course with some good hills and lots of turns (tough on a big guy). Beat Frank my friend and fiercest 5K rival. Beat him by about 20 seconds.. I almost gave up after a lap and a half. In the summer I just train, not for serious racing, I also add 10 pounds easy and it really slows me down...but the thing that hurts me the most is my intensity. without serious interval training twice a week with a group I just run fast but not to scheduled times and I do not get pushed, so during a race I have trouble digging deep. But I held on and NO one passed me during the race, although it came close with Frank a few times. Frank and one other guy during a 5k race are the only people that have passed me all year that I did not bring back... Well it's still early but I have me a wonderful lady who can cook better than I can (tonight it was homemade pasta with shrimp in pernod sauce. We had an orange and carrot soup to start and desert was fresh fruit with whipped cream and Grand Marnier....wow...she is not into sports other than staying fit but we have a lot in common. She is greek and wonderful. We will leave it at that. Time will tell. I am moving slowly...(I learn quickly) Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

evanflein

Tall, you just be sure to take it slow... nice race, for a big guy... Wink The weather today was off and on crap all day. So it was a real nice surprise to have my run home in perfect IRC... 60F, light breeze, no rain, sunshine on my back. Ahhh, couldn't ask for better. And my run was great! I ran home the same route I've been taking, but opted for the longer/not-so-steep road to home and walked the last .6 mile as cool down. Ended up with 9.5 miles in 1:19:09 for 8:20 avg pace. Didn't have to stop or walk once. Even with a still a little tender left quad from Sunday's race. I'm pumped, this really sets me up great for the upcoming hill work and long runs I need as final prep for Equinox on Sept. 20. Yes