Masters Running

The real Wednesday daily - 6.5.13 (Read 48 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Hey - why didn't somebody tell me yesterday wasn't Wednesday??  Roll eyes I guess I was in a time warp...

Nice run in Central Park yesterday, CNY. Isn't that a great place to run, with so many people to watch, and gorgeous views of the Park and NYC? How'd things go with your execu-drag on?

Nice speedwork yesterday, Dave. It'll serve you well.

Tammy, your garden sounds delicious, but I don't envy the hot temp you had yesterday.

Holly, your temp yesterday (49) is much more to my liking. Yours too, TomS. And Lyndenrunner's too!

TomW - you Wednesday workout should be a lot easier the second time around.

Bill, I'm more than just "cautiously optimistic" that you're good! I hope you continue on episodeless. Bummer about the guitar, but great news about the (fingers crossed) house sale. Just remember that packing is good cross-training.

Wow! Mariposai had a 2-cheeseburger day (with lots of other goodies too)! Isn't that what we run/walk for?

Evanflein, running in the rain without a cap can certainly put a damper on it. But I'm glad that you persevered anyway.

Mike, a burger and a mint julep is an interesting combination. We don't get many of those julep things up here, so I may have to 'settle' for a Henrun martini with my burger...

Big doings in town: the chairman of our Board of Selectmen was replaced by his fellow selectmen at their meeting on Monday night, and one of the other selectmen resigned from the "circus" (his word) on Tuesday morning. Local politic are always entertaining...

5.3 racewalking miles at 4:05 this morning. 50 delightful degrees, with a refreshing westerly breeze. There was still a silvery slice of the moon high in the sky to the east that was lazing along with some whispy clouds. The clouds were all dark against the light blue pre-dawn sky, and were bordered by orange thrown up by the sun as it was climbing up to the horizon. It was the kind of beginning to the day that can only make you feel good about what it yet to come. I felt like I had good form this morning, but the speed wasn't as good as I had hoped for. So what - I still had a great time out there!

Have a greta day, whichever day it is.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Hey Jay, if Wednesday was yesterday wouldn't that make today be Thursday?  I'm so confused.  Wink

My first run in 2 weeks.  It felt good to be back out there.  The antennae are on locked and permanent "Up" position I think.  4 easy miles in the H&H.  I'm so glad our rainy season is back.  I missed it.  Dead 

The plan is to move to our place in Michigan.  But we will probably stay here till next spring, since we have the place rented fully through the summer.  Moving up there in the fall is a possibility, but probably next spring.  We'll be renting somewhere while we're between houses.  Anybody wanna snag some Furniture?  The MI house is fully furnished since it's been a rental and (almost) everything we have down here will be sold or donated or given away.

25 years ago today at 4 AM, our DS was born.  So proud of that young man.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

3 more miles this morning....partly cloudy skies....I'm so glad to be running again, puts a smile on my face for the whole day...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Dave59

Happy National Running Day.

As soon as I get off my current conference call I am heading to the gym for a session with a personal trainer.  I hope I survive because I am dragging today.  I have two puffy, red, lumps on the left side of my face.  One next to my eye and the other more up at the edge of my hairline.  Both are irritating me to no end.  Just a 1 on the pain/itching scale, but an 8 on the annoying scale.

Bil - When do you need to sell off your furniture?  I could fly down there, rent a truck and move it on up to Tallahassee.  My daughter is renting a house (if her application goes through.)  I don't know yet what she needs or what she plans to take with her from here.  Hopefully you have a 60" HDTV that you were going to give away. Wink  (I assume if you're going to be renting until next spring you'll need most of your stuff until then.)

mta: Made it to the gym for a workout and also a 3-mile run.  Also noticed a third 'lump' on the left side of my face.  That one is over at the lower portion of ear on my jaw.  This one isn't red and puffy.  It is more internal and tender to the touch.  I am clearly falling apart today,

King of PhotoShop

I think I have the topper of all runs today.  Left my hotel and crossed the street and there is the Willamette River, so I ran along the pathway down the river, crossed over some bridge and ran upriver on the other bank, crossed again and back to hotel.  Beautiful run at 5 a.m., light out, and plenty of other runners enjoying this great weather.  Just 3.2 miles but just what I needed.  Now off to work.  Spareribs

Slo

10 glorious miles for me this morning.

This is a post and run...Health screening at work today and my time slot is here.

Mariposai

Happy National Running day! I may have to try to go out for a mile or so today. My test run last night told me that my legs, specially the ankles are not ready for run yet.

Bregarcito, scary about your heart. My friend had an A fib while running the marathon with me last Sunday. Scary!

Well, I am here to say that it is so good to see Slo running strong again!

Only gym work for me this morning Joking.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

Well, I am here to say that it is so good to see Slo running strong again!

Amen!  It's been a long time...both physical and mental demons.

Got a good bill of health...just standard screening stuff. Blood Press, hieght, weight, BMI, Glucose and Cholesterol.

It ends with a private consult...every year I hear the same thing. Keep doing what you're doing.

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Bongler has to be the only guy I've ever known who retired, sold his house in Florida, and moved to a resort community in Michigan.

But it's kind of good, because I think he'll be the closest thing I have to extended family near my old home town of Traverse City anymore.  Smile

WIll ride tonight, a short hilly race, with a long easy ride out to the site and back.

But now:  back to cramming for the presentation that was moved from 3:30 tomorrow afternoon to two hours and fifteen minutes from now.  Eep.

Bongler has to be the only guy I've ever known who retired, sold his house in Florida, and moved to a resort community in Michigan.

But it's kind of good, because I think he'll be the closest thing I have to extended family near my old home town of Traverse City anymore.  Smile

After 36 years in Florida, trust me that we've had enough of the people.  The weather is amazing and I will miss it for sure.  The sights are very special but other places have their appeal as well.  But when you get right down to it people are what matter in life.  And the people down here can be irritating.  Every time I go back to the Midwest I remember why it is so special.  The people.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

...burger//...........if you can find a PaintShaker.

.......put your

HeartMonitor on it and write ''Whooppee!!!!'' on your log sheet,,,,,,,,,,Freaks the Docs Out

=========

but I digress

28min poolrun with drag..........deja-vu'

...........dave59 Smile

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

Bill, that heart episode is kind of scary. I hope that doesn't happen again, or you get some answers as to what caused it so you can deal with it. And Congrats on deciding to move north. I remember seeing pics of your place in MI and that just looks like such an idyllic place to live!

Ribs - I know exactly where you running and that is a lovely route. Glad the weather is picture perfect for you!

Another hot one today - should hit 95. and it's National Running Day so I can't NOT run, which means I'll have to go after work. Normally on a Wed I'd head over to the HS track, but I'm think not today. 5 p.m is usually our hottest time of day. and then running on a black track. nah, not gonna happen. I'm thinking a 7 pm run on the shaded trails will be nicer. Should be down to upper 80's by then.

Tammy

thanks for the catch up Jay -- sorry it isnt Thursday today!! Wink

Ribs - that does sound like an unexpectedly, beautiful run!!

Slo - definitely good to see you running strong again!!

Bill - definitely sounds optimistic, good luck with the moving!!

I ran 10.2 miles today for National Running Day --- then had a very productive rest of the day, cleaning out refrigerators and getting stuff out to the recycling before it was picked up!!

Happy Wednesday friends!!

denise

Tramps

Jay—having been marginally involved in local politics, I empathize.  It’s tough work that goes unappreciated.

Byll—that’s quite a plateful of news, some good, some worrisome.  The guitar can always be replaced but I hope the health news turns out well.  And congrats on the quick sale of the house.  Think of all the great running you’ll do in cooler temps now!

Mari—I laughed at your cheeseburger cravings.  We occasionally indulge and grill up a couple, usually during peak mileage weeks.

Dave—your recent work has left you looking vaguely familiar.

Slo—nice running.  I saw you had a good month in May.

10 miles this morning, with 3 tempo miles…and I didn’t even realize it was National Running Day.

Be safe. Be kind.

I'm only checking in because I like Dave's new avatar.  There must be some semblance there, right?

And I love a good cheeseburger, but two in one day, ouch!

Feeling very un-runnerly as I haven't run/ran? since Saturday, but I hope to start back up soon.

My boss gave me a gift certificate for a massage at a fancy salon/spa, after our big crunch to get a grant application written.  Wasn't expecting that at all, given her personality.

Read a good book this week "carry the one" by carol anshaw.

Looking forward to July with some RA peeps..... I hope those plans are still a go.

Hugs to everyone, thinking of you all, even if my posting is sporadic these days.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."