Masters Running

Formerly - Wednesday 12/30/15 End-of-Year Runs (Read 26 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jay and I posted at the same time, so I am deleting this.  Just move along, folks.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Not sure who's thread to use today, but I'll try this one!  Holly - it's 12/30...   I only have 11 miles to run tomorrow to meet my goal of 2000 miles.  My run this morning was the best since we've been in Mexico - I ran at dawn and found a dirt road that turned into a trail, in the countryside near Izamal, which is a lovely small town.  We're heading to Isla Mujera today, which I'm looking forward to.

Not much time to post but I hope you all have a greta day!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Moving along to the last day that isn't really the last day, but the last day before the last day . . . .

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

....erika//.........it's the Drug Cards doing the audits.......sorta like OrganizedCrime,

but much better Organized,

I've kicked

their butts

on audits for 30-years,

(which is why I don't get very many of them)

so ''probably'' will kick their butts one last time (not to jinx myself)

=============

........60-min HH walk with trekking poles,

off to Ft Campbell in a bit for the rest of the week

................good running guys.....................have a Safe New Years

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear Holly - they let us out for breaks this time but, after hanging tough through all of Tuesday’s uninterrupted, all day, meeting and and a non-stop all-nighter preparing for today’s finale, all this working non-stop for longer than it takes me to run 100 miles, especially at my current pace, if that, didn't do anything but extend it all to a new last ditch effort on Monday after the New Year's weekend.

Rats. I guess I’ll have to check-in to some extravagant onsen hotsprings resort hotel and enjoy all the New Year’s feasting I love so much about Japan.  I’ll try to see how many different kinds of seafoods I can demolish, . .  that is, if I can stay awake long enough. In the meantime, I’ll be finding out how they celebrate New Year’s Eve and the day itself in Kyoto.  It’d be worth working for a month withoutany sleep. Yippee

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

moebo

Hi Holly!  As a mother of twins, I decided I will post on both almost-last-day threads in order not to play favorites.

Tet, your non-stop meetings sound horrible. But good that you get to spend New Year's Eve and Day in Japan--have fun!

Tomwhite, I don't doubt for a minute that you will kick those auditors' butts.

Wild, I am betting you will hit 2000 miles tomorrow, too!

Leslie, I will see you on the other thread...

About 4 miles today(I think) on the TM again. Had an unfortunate arm-in-headphone-cord incident which sent my iphone flying across the room, no permanent damage but I had to re-start both the phone and the TM  and lost all data, darn!