Masters Running

Hally/NYC marathoners and Noo Yawkers (Read 578 times)

Head Procrastinator

I will call the restaurant tomorrow, since nobody else stated a preference besides Twocat, according to his GC arrival I will make it 1:15. I'll post exactly the time and name and directions. The weather looks perfect as of now!!
    ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
      Hally - Brian and I are hoping to arrive in New York early Saturday morning to get to the Expo around 9 so your 1:15 looks great. I'll be looking for your next post with specifics. Looking forward to meeting up with some of the RA crowd as well. You are right on about the weather, since I first posted the links for the different forecasts it has improved daily! Today's forecast for Sunday: Partly sunny and colder Low: 40 °FHigh: 48 °F - Now those would be ideal conditions if you ask me, a little cool for the pre race activities but ideal for the marathon. Big grin

Head Procrastinator

OK, reservation is for 1:15 for 8 just in case someone forgot to mention an SO or date. Roberto Passon 741 9th Ave (corner of 50th) Phone 212 582 5599 Like I said earlier, you can walk from the expo, it's only 11 blocks up and one block over. Or if you've already done the expo it's near the C or E at 50th street and 8th subway stop or the 1 on Broadway and 50th. Here is the websites directions http://www.robertopasson.com/media/robertopasson.html There are also menus there. They serve brunch or dinner Saturdays during the day if you want to peruse them and drool. It's reasonable by NYC standards I think. If anyone wants my cell number or wants me to have theirs email me hally at optonline dot net.
        bap

Good luck everyone. Wave 1. Orange. Corral F.

Certified Running Coach
          Crocked since 2013

Head Procrastinator

Lunch was fun, great seeing everyone. GOOD LUCK Bob, Brian, Matt, Erika and Amy!!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nice to see erika and peter are getting a little break from the sub-zero temperatures up in the deepfreeze. peter - take a taxi, don't try to drive there. Big grin and amy now three marathons ahead in but five years what it took me 32 years to accumulate, . . . no particular reason, but any countries, contintents, ultras, etc. in your future now?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Wow boomers in these pictures sure age well. Please tell us who they are? Besides Erika and Peter I don't know the rest of folks Big grin Big grin. and my butterfly wings are curious to know the faces of my cyberspace mentors and friends.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Head Procrastinator

Sorry GF. Bottom pic from left is Twocat, Bob's buddy I forget his name(sorry) Bob Mainerunnah and his buddy Brian. The ones that aren't Peter and Erika are Daniel and Amy Smile