Masters Running

Earlier on Thursday, 1.28.16 (Read 34 times)

If Laurie's longest run (20 miles) is 3 weeks out from her race, wouldn't she only need to maybe double/repeat 1 week and then use the last 2 weeks to taper?

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Yes.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Doesn't sound like PF but sounds awful 

Does anyone else have pain in their feet after they have gone to bed?  My feet start to hurt really badly after I have been in bed for about 20 minutes. It is like a burning pain. Mostly in the soles. Kind of like bone and muscle pain. I know I have plantar fascitis. Do you think this is a manifestation of that?

denise

Can't get my coments under the quote so starting here.  Sciatica has been miserable all day despite the Chiro but suddenly tonight I think it might be starting to let up. Will foam roll and see chiro again tomorrow and hope I can get at least the Fudgcicle 5k in for Sat.

Today - spin class (had to cut down on the jumps) and upper body strength.

So here's a funny - I said yesterday I had 6 days off......well, last night I looked at the calendar and realized I have ALL next week off except for 1 8 hour call shift I picked up. I was totally forgetting I took the week off for plans that ended up falling through!! So, I'm on vacation now - LOL

Ribs - glad Miss Lucy has a good report!!

denise

evanflein

Laurie, most plans have a two to three week taper so be sure you're planning your runs and weeks right. You could repeat a week if you're feeling good, but many people need a gradual taper-down of mileage to rest and recover from training and get ready for your race.

Yay for Tammy and David! Nice work, you guys. Count me in the group that's sad to see David give up running. Was sure fun to watch that kid develop, and will he still do training plans for you?

Starting to look at travel arrangements for Green Bay... At times it seems so far away, and at other times it seems right around the corner. I still haven't worked up a training "plan," just working on keeping mileage up.

We had another in a great string of mild days, with highs in the upper 20's again. Loving this! It could (and really should) be -20 to -40 at this time of year, and I can't help but think we'll have to pay for this nice stretch of mild and moderate temps with some really bad cold snaps in February and March. But... we'll see I guess, right?

5.5 mostly easy miles today, and did a pretty good job keeping things "easy" except for the hill in the middle and at the end. Hit 200 miles for January today, too!

Marathon Maniac #957

Laurie, most plans have a two to three week taper so be sure you're planning your runs and weeks right. You could repeat a week if you're feeling good, but many people need a gradual taper-down of mileage to rest and recover from training and get ready for your race.

I agree.  I tend to do better with a 3-week taper (if I am actually trained up for a race and am trying to get a good result, rather than just tossing out another plodding marathon), with a long run schedule something like this:

20-22 miles

16-18 miles

10-12 miles

Race

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."