Masters Running

Saturday, 8.22.15 (Read 31 times)

Jay, good 10K with and 1st race walker.  Mike, congrats to Ryan on his surprise graduation.  There were a lot of nice 5Ks: Aamos, Dave (1st AG), stumpy, and evan).  mari, you and your community continue to be in my thoughts.

Nice long runs for evan, Holly, Mike, and enke.

This morning, I did the Crim.  It was a decent day, temp in the low 60s and almost calm.  My GPS gave me a time of 2:05:37, distance of 10.16 milles, and pace of 12:22.  I didn't feel bad during the race, but just couldn't get going and was really spent at the end.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Good job at the Crim, Tom! I've got to get back there one of these days -- maybe the year after I turn 70.

So Dave moves from MI to WV and lowers the average 5K times of both states!

Got up this morning not meaning to run since my DS is home for his 30th birthday for the weekend, but then it was such a nice morning and after a week of work he wasn't exactly going to be up early, so I went out anyway. Lots of people on the trail since it's getting into the heart of fall marathon training time, and I ran about 5.2 miles at slightly less than a 10:30 pace.

Still checking regularly for mariposai's posts on FB, but it sounds like conditions are improving for her, which I am certainly glad of!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Did not want to fall, so went a bit slow at times. Still, 24:51 for 6th woman overall and 1st in AG. I'll take it.

Sweet!  Hope the party went well.

TomS - nice job at the Crim!

Nancy - thanks for the explanation and I continue to pray for you and all those in the fire zone.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."