Masters Running

40+ On the Run - Stuffed to the Gills w/e 12/06/08 (Read 432 times)

Jim, I too love Lynda's comment! If you do the 5k, go get 'em and have fun. Hope you get your LR in on Sunday as planned. Carol, that flu bug is nasty. My daughter has been sick for about 4 days now, but with a mild version of the flu bug. Just overall crappy, sore throat, sweaty, chilly. My week of running hasn't been too good. All this holiday cheer is messing with my runs. Just got home from an afternoon Christmas party, Florida style, with a Bar-B-Q, "circle gift grab" and lots of mingling. Heading out in about an hour for the town Christmas parade to get a good spot. Enjoy your Saturday everyone.....Jewels P.S. We're missing Cindy's outrageous, funny and knowledgeable posts. How are you doing girl?
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
      JP.S. We're missing Cindy's outrageous, funny and knowledgeable posts. How are you doing girl?
      Yeah! Evil grin She needs to come down from the mountain and let us know she hasn't been hit by an avalanche or anything. Went and checked out a very small portion of the run area. One large hill right out of the chute - we're going around it. Big grin And at the end, it's definitely a lot of down hill. Big grin Big grin It's gonna be around mid 60s and beautiful, unfortunately. I'd love some cloud cover and a high of around 58, but oh well. I'll just have to slather my lily white legs with tons of sunscreen. Early fashion report: white ZombieRunner hat, red short sleeve tech shirt, bright yellow Moeben sleeves, black shorts, hot pink printed gaiters, dirty green trail shoes . . and white legs. I think if you're going to make a fashion statement, it should be loud and clear. Big grin Love you guys -

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Ran a little 5k in Lynda's hometown about 80 from the farm this morn. Stayed with her most of the first mile to keep her from starting too fast then she told me to go so let it rip, finished then ran back to her and ran her in. A fun experiment, I was 2 min slower than I ran that same course in June, just no way for me to overcome a slow start in a short race. Shoulda got in 5 or 6 with warmups and run in. Went and saw her mother recovering from surgery, did a teeny bit of xmass shopping had supper and then came home. Sending out some good mojo mta whooshemamma to the racers this weekend. Hiya to everyone else.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III