Masters Running

20th Century 100K (with photos!!!!) (Read 366 times)

Mago Max

GRANDE FRANCESCA!!! Applausi, applausi, applausi per TE... Ottima prestazione, bellissime foto, eccezionale racconto! P.S. credo che non riuscirò mai a fare una cosa del genere... Dead Max!
      Fracnc, I cannot fathom going that far on my own two legs and feet. You made it sound like it was not a big deal, though. You are one tough runner. The scenery, as evidenced by your pictures, was sure wonderful. Congratulations on your accomplishment. TomS

The Jogger

Werll, that was absolutely brilliant race and report. We don't get to see many bears here, never mind on a course a couple of days before the race. Well Done Roy
          Amazing! And inspiring. I'll bet you slept really well after that, eh? Big grin
          "I think I can, I think I can..."
            This is just tremendous! Thanks for sharing the experience and congratulations on an amazing run. The photos are wonderful too! The joy you experience while doing this comes through loud and clear. CNYrunner
              I cannot imagine doing a 100K race. Congratulations on making it the whole way and over that last very wobbly bridge! 100K plus a short swim might have been a bit much. Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Even before I started running a few years ago, the 100K distance intrigued me . I still can't believe it, last Sat I actually didi it! Once we get to the trail it is pretty straight forward. The scenery is breathtaking, the mountains streaked with snow like thin white ribbons running down the sides ,the vegetations so green and thick,and ... all those scary railways bridges hundreds of feet over…bottomless gorges, I just could not look down…
                Yes, indeed YOU DID IT!!!!!! Congratulations Francesca and thanks for taking me along in the ride with your RR. What an amazing accomplishment and an awesome experience. You look so gorgeous and fresh after running 100k. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard