Masters Running

marathon Sunday (Read 46 times)

King of PhotoShop

Nice going Tet, no matter the time. That's a heck of an effort.

You two Marj on the win, and find a place for that cool banner.

The Saint and I had a wonderful time at the Dallas Running Club Half today, but not by the clock. Perfect conditions too, with mid-40s temps and a fair course that we know well.  But that trip really did take a lot out of us as neither of us had anything the whole time. I had expected 1:55 but at three miles I knew I had nothing.  The Saint started way far behind me and only wanted to break 2;10, but I was certain she would run 2:05 or 2:06. That's how good her training has been.

So I stumble over the line in 2:09:51 and as agreed, I wait there for her and two minutes later, in she comes. I am so excited for her and ask her her time. She shows me her watch, 2:09:49, beating me by two seconds.  When the official times went up it was actually 4 seconds. I am incredibly proud of her. Hung around with our friends afterwards and had fun. Home now.  Nap already.  Spareribs

mrrun

congrats on the races and runs.  sun came out around 4 today and now it's dark - i hate standard time!

we have condensed medals/awards to  1 1/2 shelves in our condo - and i recently threw out some including the one i got yesterday. this banner covers 3 shelves and after my children and grandchildren see it, it will be trashed unless someone on RA has a desire for it - start the bidding now!

we spent a couple of hours at a museum where they had a wonderful yarn exhibit then home to watch the patriots.

marj

Marathon Maniac #957

Some nice running going on here, folks - well done!

Dave - that looks cold!

Leslie and Steve - loved the pics from Saturday.

I am still playing catch-up, working from home today to try to finish some documents that need to be signed on Wednesday so I can get caught up on my Medicaid cases that have due dates this week.

Added also to my day - DH clicked on some pop-up and downloaded a virus on my computer - that PC Cleaner or some such.  I've been working for hours trying to get it off my computer, but I know there are still some pieces of it buried in the registries.  Drat.

14 miles for me today in 24-29 degrees, breezy but dry.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Holly, your employer is so fortunate to have you!!! I sure hope you are getting over time for the work you did today.

What a glorious fall weather we had here today. I spent my afternoon getting the garden ready for winter. It is amazing the amount of fresh flower I still have in the garden.

Speaking of garden, today I decided to harvest the two sugar pumpkin my plant decided to produce for me this year. What to do with the biggest one? Twocat's pumpkin stew, of course. The house is smelling so yummie.

The easy pacer and I decided to run 6 miles mid-afternoon as a way to celebrate his 4th year month-aversary of his running. I still smile big when I run with him. It is a miracle!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

marj and anyone else who wants to declutter their medal collection ----- I have a friend who takes medals and attaches inspirational messages on the ribbons for people going through a rough time - ie cancer, chronic illness or anyone else fighting a battle --- please consider sending me your no longer wanted medals and I will make sure she gets them.  I am even willing to pay the shipping costs.

thank you!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That's cool deez.

Congratulations to Ribs and The Saint, to Marj, and to everybody else who raced, or were in charge of races.  Oh, and to Posie for dragging her poor DH into this crazy sport.

I had a pretty good weekend.  I took three of my granddaughters to the high school state cc meet with me yesterday.  It was so much fun just to hang out with those girls.  I know I complain a lot, but I sure am a lucky guy.

I had two pretty good runs, too.  Saturday morning, I headed out to do 10 and was having so much fun I went 12 in 1:32:40.  Tonight, I went out for 8 and ended up doing 10 in 1:18:21.

Okay--that's all I've got.  See ya!

evanflein

I kinda paid for my sproinky run yesterday with tired legs that didn't want to deal with the snowy bike path. But I made them anyway. The first 4.3 miles were on the snowy path, which really isn't that snowy, it's just kind of rough. The rest had been plowed and lots of dry pavement to run on. And NO ice! Yay for that! 10.1 miles to get me to 41 and change for the week. I figure if I can average 40 miles a week again, I'll be in good shape to ramp up in the spring. This was the same plan as last winter, and it seemed to work well.

Now I'm doing laundry and will be packing for a work trip to Anchorage tomorrow. Will be up at 3:30 to get ready for a 6 a.m. flight... bleh. Full day tomorrow so that's the SRD for the week.

Congrats to The Saint and Ribs on your half. She certainly has had a great training year. Marj, that is a big award to find space for in a condo, oh, I loved seeing the times of the 65+ race! wow!

I have not been online much this week but did see the Halloween display, was it Stumpy? Anyway, our neighbor across the street sets up a display in his enclosed porch with 6 mannequin size talking ghouls and monsters. The kids can tap the buttons on a railing to hear the sounds and music. The exit way is through a tunnel he made through part of the garage with stobe lights. Way too much work for me! We went out to shop for a new suit for MrStarr, then out for pizza. If he would be asked to sing at a funeral none of his old fat suits would fit, now what to do with those?

I took Bandit for a run last week and she really seemed to slow me down so we just did 2 1/2 miles that day. This afternoon MrStarr took Smokey out to hunt pheasants and I went for my usual run around the lake for my best time this year 49:47 for a 10:35 pace. I decided to have the foot surgery to correct my stiff big toe so I guess I am getting out to run whenever I can but without any certain goal. It won't be till the day before Thanksgiving since the orchestra concert is on Tuesday night of that week.

Good running everyone, Starr

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

SteveP

No wonder I love running so much.

I also love reading your post....Understanding them, well, that makes my brair hurty all over.

Nice picture of the ice bucket challenge, Stumpy.

Bummer about the surgery, Starr. Though it may be the wise choice, it's still unfortunate.

DW, the mutt and I got a couple of miles in. Tuesday, Jude will be two months old. He's nearly caught up on his Batman cartoons. I have high aspirations for this guy as his training is progressing nicely.

SteveP

....I love it........train him well steveP////////

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....