Masters Running

Mon 1/19 Daily - Good Day To Be Alive! (Read 479 times)

xor

20 miles. with hills.
    Did it involve any special agents?

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ok. I want just one person to show me one time I over did something, given my persnality....er, never mind. Hey, I just really want to say though again, that I really thought a short - easy - slow 3 miles was just a short - easy - slow 3 mile run to see how I would feel....and painfree. I guess I need to get a different mentality...but now I am super confused, and scared to be honest with ya....maybe I ought to pick up Skydiving or something (actually, that is something I really want to do) Twocat, you are a Hoot...my kinda Guy. Just think if you put me and Twokitty together....Roll eyes Still Confused TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Tim, here's a link to the Running Times article - http://runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=4904 It talks about stress fractures but I think would apply to your situation as well. Again, the author suggests a run/walk combo to begin and running every third day for the first week; then gradually increasing the amount of time you are running versus walking and increasing the number of days you are running. If at any time you feel the pain come back, then you are to stop running! Twocat, you are funny! I've never had to take Cipro and I will steer clear if at all possible.

Once a runner . . .

Renee the dog

Tim, All I can say is i am sooooooooooooooo glad I am not your mother! Big grin Didn't you say it hurt later that day? Or did I dream that part? Does you body have to send you a telegram? I'm Confused now.... Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Tim Listen to all your Runningahead Mama'sWink Ribs Troy Palamalu is a heck of a player . My BIL has met him several times at company parties he is friendly, humble and soft spoken. Amazingly he likes to talk about his favorite charities & not football. Cool Nice run Ilene Smile -1F again this morning but I planned on going to the gym for treadmill run & squats. 40 minutes 4.2 miles. Just came home with new Yaks, I'll be ready for the bike trail Wednesday nite. Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Maniac 505

Tim: have you seen this? http://pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml ? After my Pelvis stress fracture, my orthopod thought even this was too aggressive to start back, but it is something to look at for guidelines. I have to keep telling myself, I have the rest of my life to do this, no reason to push too hard. Good look. Dave
              I really thought a short - easy - slow 3 miles was just a short - easy - slow 3 mile run to see how I would feel....and painfree. I guess I need to get a different mentality...but now I am super confused, and scared to be honest with ya....maybe I ought to pick up Skydiving or something (actually, that is something I really want to do)
              wildchild

Carolyn

Tim, when you get confused by too much conflicting advice, put your hands over your ears and say "LAA LAA LAA" to drown it out! Or close your eyes when reading the daily forum. Clowning around I don't have any more advice to add, I just want to wish you a joyful return to running after your extended time off. Twocat, that Cipro sounds like a wonder drug! Tongue And I have a suggestion for the suitcase problem: after you've unpacked your stuff, put the suitcase next to your DW's side of the bed, so if anyone trips on it, it would be her. We're experiencing global warming in Colorado - highs in the 60's most of the week! Today's a rest day for me, but I went for a walk at lunchtime to get outside and enjoy the day. I hope Donna's doing well...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Just noticed that there was a new running forum "everyone running in brussels." I got all excited because I thought these people were running in fields of brussel sprouts. Come to find out, that's not what they meant.Clowning around
                  munchkn883

3.5 in the drizzle. Come on snow!!

Marathon Maniac #957

20 miles. with hills.
                      Wait a minute....didn't you just do a 20-miler two days ago?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tim: have you seen this? http://pfitzinger.com/labreports/stressfracture.shtml ? After my Pelvis stress fracture, my orthopod thought even this was too aggressive to start back, but it is something to look at for guidelines. I have to keep telling myself, I have the rest of my life to do this, no reason to push too hard. Good look. Dave
                        Yes, I have seen that and will admit (and like I told Holly once) that was about the most depressing thing I have every read. I will get all this figured out, and do the right thing that is right for me... I understand that all of you are saying what you are, because you truly care about me, and my foot. And no, I didn't run tonight... Thanks, TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Wait a minute....didn't you just do a 20-miler two days ago?
                          Holly, I just thought the same thing.....hummmm Tim

#artbydmcbride

Yes Blush I am crazy. I was going to meet people to do some Signal Hill running tonight too.....but I changed my mind. Clowning around

Runners run

dg.

Just noticed that there was a new running forum "everyone running in brussels." I got all excited because I thought these people were running in fields of brussel sprouts. Come to find out, that's not what they meant.Clowning around
                              Big grin Ilene! sit. stay. oh yeah. it doesn't work on cats....
                              evanflein

Yeah, I was thinking Ilene just posted a 20 miler a couple days ago. Geez, like herding cats. I'm finding my schedule is pretty packed this week... and next. I thought full summer soccer season was busy, but it was easier to fit runs in at lunchtime or before games or whatever. Now its just stressful to try to figure out when to get my runs in! I wish I didn't have to go to work so early, that would make pre-work runs a little more feasible. But it's hard when I have to get the boys off to the bus by 7, and I'm at work around 7:30... and I'm NOT getting up at 3:30 to run! Angry I'll figure something out. Today was a day off of work for me and the boys (all three of them), so we went to the club and I ran 4 easy while watching the news, and then a short stint with weights. Crazy afternoon of running errands with all of us in one vehicle because of the freezing rain and icy roads... opted for the 4 wheel drive truck. Roast chicken for dinner tonight... after DS2's basketball practice which we just found out about!!