Masters Running

Sunday November 1, 2015 - Yikes! Have you ever had race bib no. 1? (Read 39 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Robin finished in 4:05 and has gotten the finish party started!

And if anyone is thinking about leaving snow behind, DH and I are planning to head up to Jacksonville for the Jan 3rd marathon and half there.  Very well established race, flat and there's an airport nearby.  North FL, Atlantic side.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

an amazing likeness

I don't post in the daily often, so excuse the interloping (might be a made up word)...I had a vague recollection of having bib #1 once and what I recall the most was the pressure of wearing that bib before the race with everyone asking about it was embarrassing!  It was simply an alphabetical thing, however -- team name starting with "A" and my first name starting with "A".

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

lamerunner

Greetings.  Tired puppy here.  We pulled off another Manchester Marathon!  Things went really smoothly. Our numbers were down a little; there are  a couple of "for profit" race companies which scheduled races near ours, which hurt  us, but we still had a great group of runners.  The police were better than ever. i realized in the lead car that our little band of folks which put on this race has developed so much knowledge and trust that troubleshooting is easy.  We had a 73 year old 50-stater finish his 50th with us; his mother and wife were at the finish to greet him, and we had one marriage proposal just before the finish line ( I confess it bugged me he did not cross the line first).

I got up early and ran a quick 4 miles then went to handle late package pickup, jumped in the lead car with the police then handled whatever needed to be done at Athletes Village.  I think we finished unloading at the storage unit before dark, which is a record. Great volunteers!

Erika, a couple of Maniacs from Fairbanks ran; they knew you, but in my early morning  stupor,  I neglected to catch or remember their names.

I hope they had a good experience.

Yesterday I ran 6.5 or so around the city then went to handle late registration. I did get to DS 's soccer game; had to bring him his eyeballs- he ran out of contacts.

Great NYC run to Robin and Happy November... wear your orange!

Sayhey! MM#130

Erika--got ND?  Check out Fargo---May 21, I think.  Easy driving.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I am trying to catch up on things, so I haven't been posting much.

I ran with the cc kids, yesterday!  Now, I'll have to wait 10 months before I get to run with them again...dang it!

Erika--I sure hope we can figure out a meet up while you're in Minneapolis.  I will just be getting back from that dang New England Challenge so, I will probably be in no shape to run.  We'll have to figure something out, though.

Congratulations tet!  You never cease to amaze me.

And, Robin, too!  Way to go!  I should check Facebook and see if Orange Mat ever posted anything.

Congratulations to you, too, lamerunner, for a successful marathon.

I went trick-or-treating with some of the grandkids, yesterday.  It sure is a lot more fun, now that they're all old enough to walk by themselves...and not whine about being tired...and cold.  It was a lot of fun.  I wish I could post pictures but, for some reason, it's not letting me like it used to.  I don't know if it's Windows 10, or what it is.  Oh...never mind...it's working, now...

This is Jenna and me...monkeying around...

This is Allie...

Zac...

Molly...

Kenna...

Sorting out the candy...

Mallory and Madison were in St. Louis winning a soccer tournament...

Okay--I'll stop.

See ya!

Mariposai

Great racing today!!!

MikeE fun pictures.

Taperboy,  you are just one of the kind.

4 miles for the Easy Pacer and I in between work, my work that is. The next two months will be challenging months for me at work as I do year end reporting and prepare my agency's budget, but I am loving the challenge.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Wow Tet - great job on the 50K

Deez - what a blast you had.  Glad you managed to finish the race so soon after that injury.

For the first time, I had zero kids come trick or treating at my door.  Usually I get between 1 and 5 groups.  The weather was terrible though - raining hard, blowing hard.  In fact, it's been like that all weekend.  Demotivating.

I enjoyed the extra hour, but I think it just made me sleepy.  Ok, I do like DST - because otherwise, in the summer, it would be getting light out at 3 am, and what good is that?  Better to have that extra hour of light from 9pm to 10pm, instead of from 3am to 4am.

Tonight for dinner I made my fennel and apple sausage soup, homemade artisan bread (SR's recipe from years ago) and spinach salad with avocado and bleu cheese.  Blue Eyes made an apple pie he brought over.  It was yummy.

Oh, and I did run this morning in the breezy rain - 5 miles, ending with 4 x 1/4 mile intervals just to shake things up.  They were sadly significantly slowly than I had hoped.  Gotta start running more.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Yippee

Yeah!!!

Moebo, nice job facing the hills.

I like the DLST in the late spring and early fall, as it's more likely to be daylight after work. I don't like to see kids waiting for the school bus in the dark.

SteveP when you cannot run in a batman suite have you considered switching into a superman one? You know just to test it out in a race? 

Did you just say that? Are you kidding me?? I must need new glasses!! I can't believe what I just read!!!

Jacksonville won't work Amy, however, I signed up for the 1/2 at Hillsborough River State Park on the 12th of December.

Thems some serious muscles Milk Truck.

Love the pictures MikeE.

I got roped  into shopping after church and I bit the bullet. When we got home, DW suggested that the mutt and I get our run in. I reminded her of household responsibilities that have gone to the wayside since I've been working so much.She said they could wait. . See ya! Two miles on a carpet of golden leaves. Hell ya!

SteveP