Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP W/E Feb 15 (Read 421 times)

nowor

Abelisle-Welcome...I'll post last week's totals when you've had a chance to summarize...including gym wo's Dark Horse- Dg- 25 mi +elliptical + core + upper and lower strength + stretching (lots) + more Dg looks like you're coming back and keeping up a greta mix of X training (Thanks to you my shoveling stuff was fluffy. Big grin Dutchie- 10K + sore foot + back spasm- oww. Back spasms are the worst. Been there; never want to be there again. Get Well! EGH3 - X training STAR-spinning, core work, circuit training, shin strengthening Very smart to let shins get better, but hard to do.. eliz- walked 3.0; ran 15.5 (!!); a little more XT than usual - a greta week for me considering my schedule and the weather. Great job on a week w/ travel too. evanflein- 52.5 miles run, 1.86 miles walking that I measured, and nothing else. Need to get back to weights/core at least a little bit! What a weekend of running. evryday- 21 mi fatozzig- 20.75 mi + core + bike Way to go w/ funky gallbladder. Soon it will be gonzo. Thanks for taking the baton. lyndenrunner- nowor- 17 mi +strength + core + yoga + shoveling fluffy stuff pfriese- 39 miles running - Done. Err Well Done! tetsujin-We know you are back...where are you? In preparation for some travel I'm ready to pass the baton. Who's next? (It's fun.)
      Nowor - I'll take the baton next, even though I won't be working out for a couple of weeks. Have a great week everyone!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Nowor! And thanks in advance, Leslie! It's time for a cutback week. I'm tired. Monday: 3.3 miles recovery pace, .4 mile walk, plus upper body weights/core/stretching/sauna... Smile Tuesday: 4.5 miles easy pace, .5 mile walk w/u and c/d Wednesday: 10.2 miles with some hill sprints in the last mile Thursday: 4 miles sorta easy, .6 mile walk w/u and c/d Friday: 3.2 easy pace miles, .25 mile walk c/d Saturday: 9.5 miles, 8:36 avg pace; 2 hours shoveling hard pack snow off the driveway. Dead Sunday: 14.5 miles of hilly snowy trails and roads, 8:40 avg pace Totals: 49.2 miles running, 1.4 miles walking, and one strength training day (and lots of shoveling)
        Dutchie42

Thanks again Nowor. How are you feeling Leslie? Back feels much better. Think I'll start the week of with a (test) run and see how much I've lost in the easy and comfortable department. Mon....? min run+bis/tris and Yee's AM backbends/foward bends--->Hopped on the TM for a (test) run. I ran 60 minutes straight (9.15K). It felt hard for the first 10 minutes, then it just got easier and easier Big grin L-foot started to feel sore though so I had to stop. Sometime after lunch I did Yee's twists and backbends. Tue.....30min run+30min LB w/o+abs---------------------------------------->strengt training for triceps/shoulders/biceps. Added abs. And 5K on the TM. About 20min in my foot acted up again, not yet painful, but noticeable. Stupid runner that I am, I wanted to do the whole 30min. However, by then I was only 500 meters away from 5K. So just had to do that too. Very easy run and I felt annoyed that I had to stop. As soon as I took my shoes off, my foot really hurt. Wed....60min run+self defense class----------------------------------------> L-foot was pretty painful from the moment I got out of bed. No running or other exercise. Thu.....45min run+chest/shoulders+abs------------------------------------>exchanged the customised insoles in my running shoes for Superfeet. Worked like a charm. 60min run on the TM (9.26K) plus strength training for chest and back, going lighter on the weights for back. And ofcourse abs (on the stability ball). And very painful massage therapy for the peroneus longus, the cause of my foot pain! Fri.......:LB w/o+abs----------------------------------------------------------------> nothing to report. Outside of left calf felt mighty bruised from yesterday's massage therapy. Sat......45min run+back+abs--------------------------------------------------->60 minutes of ub strength training, including abs and a 60 min run (9.05K). With the superfeet there was no pain at all. But I was very aware of my foot, if you know what I mean. Sun.....trying for a 2h15 run----------------------------------------------------->taking a rest day for my foot. Everyone have a good week! Total mileage: 32.46K not bad. At least it's better than last week, despite the foot problems.

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

Thanks nowor....and fatozzig! Mon....rest.........rest Tues...6miles.......6miles Wed...6 miles.........6miles Thurs..rest.............rest Frid....6miles.........6 miles Sat....rest................rest Sun...15miles........15 miles Total....33 miles Hey down there EG......sorry about your plan to scrap the marathon. But it's probably the right thing to do. I think you're being very wise about your approach. I'm at a point where I'm unsure about my spring M. I'm going to do a 25K in a couple weeks. That will either give me the confidence to continue on, or the confidence to pull back and re-evaluate. Good luck to you.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              EGH3 - X training STAR-spinning, core work, circuit training, shin strengthening Very smart to let shins get better, but hard to do.
              Heh, all I’m capable of now is cross-training. Still can’t run. It actually feels worse today and if it’s still bad mid-week I’ll be making an appointment with the ortho. I canceled my Vermont City marathon plans officially today. Thankfully, they are refunding the pre-race dinner tickets but I can only defer the race fee. The 3/15 New Bedford HM is definitely out too. So, maybe next year. I was really upset last week because of the suddenness of it. That’s injuries for you. I was cruising and feeling good and wham – done. But the big disappointment has ebbed now and I’m kinda relieved. Not sure what the rush was to run a marathon. When I can run again, I’m not going to plan any big races. Just going to build a base slowly and just have fun with it. The reason I started running wasn’t to run a marathon, I just enjoyed the act of running. So that’s where I’ll start again and we’ll see where it goes. Maybe a Fall marathon, maybe not. Without the pressure of a training plan I’ll probably enjoy running more, do more of it, and not get hurt. Thanks for all the support. Cheers! MTA: The week's plan
              DayMilesComment
              MondayWeights - Legs (quad emphasis), ellipticalweights felt great. elliptical bothered the shin so no more
              TuesdayWeights - Chest & back focus, 30 min cyclingMuch better
              WednesdayRest dayplanned a swim but sleep was needed
              ThursdayWeights - glute/ham focus, abs & cyclingI love deadlifts
              FridayWeights shoulders/arms focus, 30 min cyclingA little late so only 15 minutes cycling
              Saturday??
              Sunday??
              Total??

Thanks, Norwor. And thanks for jumping in Leslie. Good luck with the surgery. I had my gall bladder removed in an emergency surgery 8-1/2 years ago - kind of glad I didn't have to anticipate it like you have. My surgery was on a Monday and I sang at my niece's wedding on Friday night - those pain meds were the bomb, although I look pretty awful in the wedding video, like I'm thinking, "is this ever gonna end so I can go take more percocet?" Hope your surgery and recovery go well. Sorry I don't post Sunday runs until late, but I don't have computer access until I get home from NJ late in the evening. Monday - rest Tuesday - carpy 3.5-mile run and 1-mile walk; put some space between the pace bunny and me, though Tongue Wednesday - bruised right big toe really sore, so resting Thursday - toe worse Sad Friday - travel day Saturday - ran 8.0 (whoo hoo - longest run since last May!) and walked 1.0 Sunday - ran 3.5, walked 1.0 Summary: ran 15.0; walked 3.0 Eliz Cool

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

Thanks nowor,
                  DayMilesComment
                  Monday7.75 miles running - done9:45/mile avg pace
                  Tuesdayrest day - done
                  Wednesday7.75 miles running - done9:54/mile avg pace
                  Thursday7.75 miles running - done9:22/mile avg pace
                  Friday7.75 miles running - done9:51/mile avg pace
                  Saturday7.75 miles running - done10:14/mile avg pace
                  Sundayrest day - done
                  Total38.7 miles running - Done
                  Paul
                    . . . although I look pretty awful in the wedding video, like I'm thinking, "is this ever gonna end so I can go take more percocet?"
                    The surgery went fine, except for the abdominal bloating. That really sucks right now. I finally asked the nurse why I was feeling woozy even though I hadn't been pressing the "happy button." She says, "You're constantly getting a bit of Demerol. The button just lets you give yourself more if needed." Well, howdy do! And I could push that button every 10 minutes! This is my Demerol smile - Big grin

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

nowor

Thanks again every one. Now be good for Fattozzig. She's recuperating and gall bladder-less and soon will be tearing this place up. M-7 mi T-strength and core classes W-6 sunshiny mi Th-core and yoga classes Fr-5 blustery mi Sun-yoga Summary-18 mi and stuff
                      dg.

nowor, thanks again. so happy I could help. fluffy is the next best thing to nothing! Leslie we'll be gentle with you. George, I'm glad you're doing better. I think I might join you for a bit. I was really making some progress with this hamstring/etc thing, then last week I tripped. twice. caught myself (should have just fallen) & it made everything much worse again. I can run but it's very painful.... well above the safe levels. Maybe we can have parallel rehab for a while. I already paid for a fall marathon, so I have to get this cleared up before I need to get serious about it. Tongue i missed the whole week, so i'll just post totals. some walking, 14.8 miles running (Sunday's LR turned into 2 after I tripped again), 3 hrs. strength training, 45 min. on the bike, 55 on the elliptical, & a couple of seriously klutzy moments.