Masters Running

Tuesday - 2/17 (Read 40 times)

Holly- UGH!!  I had to deal with a mess sort of like that with The Hub's social a number of years ago.  It was a real PITA.  . . . .makes me realize I haven't checked our credit scores in awhile ....

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Oh no Holly, that's awful. Is it a Turbo-tax or Intuit related issue?

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2015/02/12/fbi-probes-possible-hack-turbotax/kT5I3nsLK4dD0UQpDCOyxH/story.html

What a big pain and scary too.

Good for Hudson and the manager at the store for following up on that customer's unconscionable behavior. That story makes my heart heavy, but sadly I am not necessarily surprised by this kind of behavior even in this day and age. We have an enormous capacity for love as humans and also an enormous capacity for full-on hate and ignorance.

Amy, I love your ideas for what to do. If I had overheard that woman......oh the things I'd say.

Big props to Amy, Dave, and Tet or all the running feats and toughness.

I am trying to be tough and not whine about this winter, but my humor is disappearing. I ran 9 miles this morning in 5º and 8.5 yesterday in 8º----getting used to the temps. Ha, ha.! The hard part is when the distracted motorist who is driving while texting forces me into the snowbank that is a core of ice, or maybe it's when folks are going 60 mph in the 30 mph zone by my house and then give me the "you're number one" salute with the wrong finger. Who knows? I know spring will come and in fact one of my colleagues sent me this:  http://days.to/spring/2015

TammyinGP

Holly, that's awful!  I'm curious if it's Turbotax related also. I have my info all entered into Turbotax, just want to doublecheck it all before sending/efiling. . . now i'm nervous!

this is a play hooky day - so warm and sunny out. Can the president no-show at the monthly board meeting? probably not a good idea. . . especially since voting/elections are this Saturday . . .

Tammy

A glass of wine with you, Mustang Sally! There's not a moment to lose! And did you catch how Ribs said "They smoked it..."?

Agree with everything said about the grocery store incident. At times, I just get ashamed for my race and/or gender. 

Dave59, I know exactly where you're coming from and have survived a couple of train wrecks...

Ran a 5K on the TM this morning, but not at any sort of blazing pace. I'm planning on taking some running gear on our trip next week to Arizona and might get in a run or two in some interesting places.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

I have no idea if the person who submitted a fraudulent tax return used Turbo Tax.  We used a local preparer, but the fraudulent return was submitted previously by an unknown source.  I do know that we have Anthem insurance, and their database was recently compromised.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

sorry, dave, I didn:t understand why you got so worked up about working in moving train wreck, . . . .

. . . then I realized you don`t work for the government.

Here is what work is like right now.  We are in a runaway train headed for the end of the line. 

No one knows if the train can be brought under control or stopped in time. 

The people in the control room don’t believe there is a problem

and get angry with anyone making a suggestion that something may be wrong.

Many people on the train don’t fully understand the situation and are going about their normal business. 

They exist in a surreal bubble of ignorance.

Some are in denial.  Mainly so they can suck-up to the people in the control room.

The rest know that a crash is almost 100% certain so they are doing what they can to try to limit the damage. Some are writing letters to loved ones to read should they not survive. (Checking the job market, bringing resumes up to date, etc.)

The only question left is the extent of the damage.  Who will survive?  What will the extent of the injuries be?

It’s a real cliff hanger.

(I don’t understand why some people tell me I can be over dramatic.)

I`m not close enough to it but, based on the ones to which I have been close, Hudson`s story makes me very happy about this world after all. Maybe when he`s our ages, or at least mine, he`ll be telling it to his grandkids and they won`t believe him.  I hope.

wow, leslie, I wanna be a river volunteer too.  I had no idea the famed crossing +was anything except a rope across a very cold river, never knew volunteers were in the water too, . . . and for a lot longer time.  I`m a regular at polar bear plunges but they`re only for a few seconds. wowl  good for you.  wear something striking and I`ll tell all the macho PNW runners to shake you hand,.. . . or something. .

good luck holly. sounds awful.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Denial can be a killer, Dave59.

Ribs -   I can't even imagine. HUGE kudos to the manager, et al., for ferreting out the problem and the abuser and refusing to service her anymore.

I pray the woman has an awakening.

Oh yikes, Holly. How heart stopping.

SteveP