Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.5.15 (Read 33 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ribs - there:s some Japanese prefectures and capitals that might work on one line over here on the Japanese keyboards. It`s kind of like the prime number of keyboards, huh wc?  Anything else like that that you might like? Have you ever finished a race in a prime number? "Tet" works on both keyboards; anyone else have one?

holly - too bad you`re not over here too or your surgery might already been done.  However, a couple of days after the sutures, etc. are out and the healing`s underway, maybe you can run anytime you want as long as it doesn`t hurt that much. Either way, the kind of active lives you and the rest of the goddesses lead is probably more than sufficient to finish your upcoming race, . . . as long as you recognize and accept the fact that it might not be at the pace you`d like if you were in full training mode.  I guess I ought to know.  good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Just a quick post to say hello. I am on my cell phone and RA hates cell phones! This was an elliptical day for me. Tomorrow I will try to get out in the afternoon for a 14 mile  run. But it may be too icy after today's wet snow storm. Plan Z is the TM.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike - That stinks.  I know I have to very careful with my ATs since I had tendinitis.  LOTS of self-massage to keep the calves loose.  Have you tried different shoes that might give you a little more lift in the heel?  I also did some kinesio taping for ATs.  If you try this, you want to make sure your legs and feet are nice and clean.  Once you put on the tape, rub it well to sort of warm it up.  It helps it adhere.  It'll last a couple of days.  Did it help?  I can't say yes and I can't say no because I didn't run for a couple of months until I was certain the tendinitis wasn't bothering me.  Plus I switched shoes.  However, I would try to taping again if I thought things were starting to flare up.

TomW - Hang in there!

A client, a really nice lady, I have been working with for over a year on a probate came in today to sign some final paperwork and brought me a beautiful chocolate cake from a local bakery was a thank you.  It was SOOO good!  I ate a small piece, brought one home for The Hub, and shared the rest with the office.  When I left at 4:30, there was still a bit left.  If it's there in the morning, I think will be supplementing my usual healthy breakfast of fruit and yogurt.

Okay - Just got done with The Hub's invoices.  Now I need to go stuff envelopes then hit the hay.  Good nite!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Oh I am so sorry everyone! I screwed it up.  It's the only STATE, not the capital!  No wonder I always lose on this show!  Spareribs

Oh good grief... c'mon people...!!! ALASKA! Geeez....

Well, our weather turned to total crap later today so my outside afternoon run got ditched. Came home and did the scheduled maintenance on the treadmill (lubrication, then balance out the belt), and it was so nice and smooth afterwards! I'd been having "grabbing" or "slipping" problems the last few weeks, until it warms up. Now I hope I've got it back on track and ready to go.

6.3 miles progressive pace, and .75 mile walking before and after (not counting the fiddling around with the pace after lubricating the belt).