Masters Running

OKC Memorial Marathon RR (Read 275 times)

Hey Paul - great PR! Sorry you had to struggle through a side-stitch. Those are tough, but you still had a very strong showing - especially considering your pre-marathon activities.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Great race with big PR, pfriese. It's neat that you got to see some friends. You handled that side stitch well but it't too bad it happened. Congratulations. TomS

The Jogger

Paul, that's a cracking pr, well done, not surprised you were tired at the end, shame about the stitch, you would have been sub 4, never mind, next time. Roy
        huskydon

Paul, Congratulations on a big PR! I was impressed too that you had a kick at the end, too. Sounds like you have faster times in your future. I was particularly interested in your report because we are about the same speed in the 5K & 10K distances, and I wonder how fast I might be in a marathon. Maybe I will continue to live vicariously through you... huskydon
            A 15 minute PR in a marathon is always quite an accomplishment! None of those seconds are ever easy. It is especially sweet given the winds. Head winds are, in my view, just like uphills without a downhill to make up for the up part!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Great Race and Report, Paul.. You managed a huge PR under difficult conditions, started cold and windy and ended warm and windy.... Those side stitches are worse than annoying.... Go fro some rest...and that sub 4 is right around the corner..... Congrats/////