Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 5/18 (Read 526 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those of you who are new, this is the 40/40 thread, for people who are over 40 years old who run or aspire to run 40 miles/week. We give Free Passes to those who come really close or try really hard... Here's what I have for last week's tally. If I missed anyone or got something wrong, just let me know.
    WhoMilesCommentary
    SirWalksalot 68.02 Taper time!
    Hermosaboy62.4 HM PR and fastest mile ever – you just get better and better!
    Twocat59.21 Hurray! He’s back! And off to Israel – wow!
    Jim2431559 Jim, thanks, no ill effects other than the loss of some toenails.
    TomD55.8 TIMTAM 50K!
    Busiman54 Back into taper mode
    Perch53 Broke 1000 miles this week!
    DfromBG50.1 That’s a nice streak of 40+ weeks.
    Pfriese45.9 Paul, you are always welcome to stay!
    Biketm44.7 Tough week, but you’ve been sick, my fren, and that has an effect.
    Tallrunner44 Blazing fast 10K!
    PDR41.7 Feeling better and back at it!
    Slojim41.13 Good luck on your HM this weekend!
    Slowgino41 Even at an easy pace, 105 is a low HR – wow!
    Evenflein40.6 Busy week – whew!
    BCMorant40 Jump on in, and welcome!
    Coach Bryant32 Watching that knee pain is more important than overdoing it.
    HollyFree Pass Moving week - whew!
    Breger Free Pass Even though I’m jealous of your Maui vacation...
    PJH Free Pass I know, for me slowing down my running means watching the scale, too.
    Here's my plan for the week. Time to get back to my normal routine.
    DayPlanActualCommentary
    Monday0 miles0 miles Some ab work
    Tuesday7 miles 8 miles 1 @ MP, 1 @ Tempo, 1 @ MP
    Wednesday7 miles 5.7 miles Easy pace
    Thursday7 miles 8.5 miles Hill run with Karin/CNY, and some intervals on the treadmill
    Friday0 miles 0 miles Weights and abs
    Saturday7 miles 7 miles Easy pace
    Sunday12 miles 13.3 miles Easy pace, but miles 8 and 9 at tempo
    Total40-ish 42.5 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hi Holly, I'll play since I seem to be well into the 40s again and doing fine. I see you've planned a hill run for us on Thursday! 5/12---6 miles easy---6.4 5/13---9 miles (3 mile wu---weekly 5k race---3 mile cd)---9.7 including 5k in 22:21 5/14---6-8 miles easy---8.5 at 8:30 pace 5/15---7 with Holly Smile---6 with Holly on Holly's Hill 5/16---OFF---3 mile walk with my husband 5/17---15 miles with the Js---6.8 miles with two of the Js--long tomorrow 5/18---5-7 miles with strides---14.8 in 1:58:26 Total-48-50 miles--52 miles push-ups, planks, squats, sit-ups etc. 3x week CNY
        Tapering but should be just enough to get in. M - rest T - 8 W - 0 T - 8 F - 10 S -0 S- 14 Total:40

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #957

Karin - more like a hill-stagger.... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Holly Smile Hopefully I will feel better this week...I need some speed workouts that I could not muster up last week being sick Mon - 10 Mile tempo run - New PR 1:12:55 - 7:18 pace Smile Tues - 10 easy miles - 1:27:00 - 8:42 ave pace Weds - 7 easy miles Thurs - 7 easy miles again - legs tired Friday - Rest Sat - 21 miles - 3:17:45 - 9:28 easy pace. Unexpected, but felt good. Plan was for about 13 to 16 miles or so, but just kept going. Sun - 7 easy miles Total - 62 miles - New weekly PR Smile Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Last Week of School!! Time to find something for those kids to do all day... Was tired at the end of last week, so may cut back a little this week. I'll post the minimums I'll try to cover as Plan.
              Day Plan Actual Comments
              MondayXT day or rest0 MilesAlmost 2 hrs of Yard Work...Hope back isn't toast tomorrow!
              Tuesday55.3 miles8:43 avg pace, felt slow...
              Wednesday6-8 miles7.1 Miles8:24 avg pace on the TM, progressive run
              Thursday5 miles6 milesHilly roads and trails by home, 8:24 avg pace
              FridayRest Day0 milesWent for 1 mile walk at lunchtime
              Saturday6-8 miles14.1 miles8:34 avg pace, rolling hills, switched long with Sunday
              Sunday10 miles8.5 milesTony Knowles Coastal Trail in Anchorage, 8:20 avg pace
              Totals:~32-36 Miles41 miles actual total
              TomD

Thanks Holly, This week I will run less, maybe 40 miles. My leg really bothered me at TIMTAM. I will try not to push myself to much at the Delaware Marathon this Sunday. I realize, that my leg will not be 100% until Summer when I take some time off from marathoning. Monday - 2 miles Wednesday - 7.70 miles Thursday - 3.30 miles Friday - 2.00 miles Sunday - 26.20 miles Delaware Marathon Total - 41.20 miles TomD

I Can Go The Distance

Another week of 40 coming up! Thanks Holly
                  DayPlanActualComments
                  MondayRest Day
                  Tuesday6 miles w/6x800Done
                  Wednesday6 miles easyDone
                  Thursday6 miles w/4 mile Tempo Run Done
                  Friday6 miles easyDone
                  Saturday10 mile LR@MP10 miles easyToo hot and humid for MP
                  Sunday6 miles easyDone
                  Total40 miles

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Starting to cut back... M-- off T--off, again W--7.63, 1:09:57, 133/151 Th-zippers F--7.0.......... 6 at MP of 7:35, treadmill run, weighed in at 154# afterwards, 1# under race weight. S--5.2, untimed. Easy run. S--7.6 untimed. Total: 27.4 miles
                    pfriese

Thanks Holly,
                      DayMilesComment
                      Monday2.1 miles - done9:49/mile pace
                      Tuesday7 miles - done9:33/mile pace
                      Wednesday7.3 miles - done9:22/mile pace
                      Thursday5 miles - done9:31/mile pace
                      Friday2.2 miles - done9:27/mile pace
                      Saturday5K race - done 1.8 miles - done7:21/ mile pace, 22:49, new PR & 1st in AG warmup and cooldown, ~ 10:00/mile pace
                      Sunday11.2 miles - done9:52/mile pace
                      Total39.7 miles DONE
                      Did not quite make 40 this week. Paul
                        Plan - get enough sleep and some comfortable runs Mon - 7.5 miles easy (incl HR/pace progression test at track) Tue - 13.3 miles easy (nature park trails) Wed - off Thu - off Fri - 9 miles easy (road/track, HR 111); Sat - 9 miles easy (roads/trail) Sun - 3.5 miles easy(roads) Total - 42.3
                          Thanks Holly Smile This weeks plan......
                          DayPlanActualCommentary
                          Sunday8-9 easy9 easy
                          Monday Rest yes
                          Tuesday7-8 intervals8.50 intervals 5X800
                          Wednesday6-7 easy 6.50 easy
                          Thursday rest rest
                          Friday3 easy 3 easy
                          Saturday15 14.1 HM with warm up and cool down
                          Total40+/- 41.1
                            Back from my trip abroad. I am very happy to be home again! Now I just have to get back on an EDT schedule. At least it is easier to adjust going west than east.
                            DayPlanActualForecastReality
                            Monday1010.33 First run in Israel. Ran with a long time friend of mine for the first 4 miles.
                            Tuesday66.26
                            Wednesday1512.68 Ran with an Israeli acquaintance of mine. Talked me into 20K rather than 25K. With me still jetlagged not hard to do!
                            Thursday1216.4 Back home today! Felt strong during the latter part of the run. Maybe all the injuries are gone?
                            Friday00 Rain, rain go away! Success! It rained all day. Hey you got to stick to the plan! Big grin
                            Saturday1819.34 Hope to dig up a running partner for this. Low odds of success. Never say die! My regular TP came out early to do 10 miles with me and then we met the local jogging club and I ran the next 7 with them.
                            Sunday88.92 Run with DW. Her distances are really up this spring! She not only made 8, but nearly 9! Ran the whole way. Now to talk her into running a HM! Wink
                            Total6973.93

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I'm out of the 40/40 this week as I've taken a couple days off to rest.
                              Personal Records 5K - 21:35

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hi Holly! I haven't been around since last fall but doing a 12 hour run with francesca yesterday got me to 45 for the week, . . . and put her down for an amazing 84.2 starting the week of with a half marathon and getting 51 miles in the 12 hour. We'll see you again in two weeks for a scheduled 100K'er. thanks. have a very merry morning and day. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)