Masters Running

Monday's Daily, 9.29.14 (Read 41 times)

Leslie, I'm already watching out for the Saint.  Here we are at this race and she looks way more like a runner than I do:

Feet off the ground and everything.  Tired of this stuff.  Spareribs

I don't know -- I think both of you look pretty darn good! And great performances on Saturday.

Now I have to go off and find the official VT50 RR, if there is one.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Great pics, Ribs!!

Tet - That White River . . . *shudder at the elevation*.  Carolyn, however, would see as nuthin' but a thang. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I don't know -- I think both of you look pretty darn good! And great performances on Saturday.

+1  I was thinking the same thing!!

Thanks for the day after advice -- I went out and ran a nice, easy 3.2 .....figured I really needed to loosen up my legs after driving from Maine down to the Cape after that long run yesterday!!  Also, it was pretty cool to know I ran along the Maine coast one day and the Cape coast the next!!

denise

Great to hear from the Vermont racers yesterday. Awesome accomplishments, I am so proud of each one of you. I can’t fathom the distance but am anxious to read the race reports and see more pictures. Deez, it looks like you are on track for Philly and are getting the hydration figured out. Nice fast finish too.  Mariposai, you are an awesome race director, those kids look so happy.  Happy belated birthday, Rochrunner, I’ve got two years for tne next age group too. Give me a holler the next time you’re coming through SW MN, OK?  Happy taper, Leslie, although 23 miles this weekend would be a lot for me! Love the photos, Ribs!  I actually found one of me from Stillwater and I didn’t even know that there was a camera there.

We got back home with the camper last night and I was dead tired. I was in quite a bit of pain on the ride home and couldn’t figure out why until I remembered “Oh yeah, I fell off my bike this morning it must be from that!” I headed out at 9AM for a 17 mile ride to Taylors Falls north of the campground. I planned to call MrStarr when I got to the park there.  Well, after just 2 miles the trail ended so I opted for the shoulder of Highway 95.  We had seen bicycles on this road the day before.  It was a very pretty hilly ride, but quite heavy with vehicle traffic.  The shoulder had a rumble strip which made my “bike path” all the more narrow.  After 13 miles I called it quits and in the process of unclipping my shoes managed to tip to the wrong side, oops.  If you are every near Franconia, MN there is a very unusual Sculpture Park to explore, and it’s free!  MrStarr picked me up and we spent some time at the St. Croix State Park along the river. Next time we may do a canoe or kayak trip but didn’t have time yesterday.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

lamerunner

Greetings!  I turn 55 in 2016, so maybe there is a 55k somewhere??   My first and only to date 50k was in 2011 when I turned 50.  It was on hilly trails and was an eye opener in  terms of eating etc.  It took me until mile 23 to realize maybe these aid stations were worth some attention. Previous experience was all road marathons, where you don't eat.

I hope the VT 50  people are ambulatory and have safe travels home.

My foot joints/ankles were a bit cranky this morning; the way we did our hike yesterday required a somewhat steep descent trail, but it was warm, so I went out for about 5 mostly on the trail around Dorrs Pond. Not wildly exciting but easy.  I also swam 3/4 miles at lunch.  Kind of tired tonight.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks...

I am stuck at the Washington DC airport.  Apparently they are trying to find us an airplane to replace one with engine problems.  Wish me luck.

Roch - great job!

Spareribs - great pics.  The Saint is really racing well!

I am a bit stiff in the quads, but can't really complain...after all, I only ran the 50k...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

After only running the 50k, I'm surprised you're sore at all. My flight is delayed, too.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

After only running the 50k, I'm surprised you're sore at all. My flight is delayed, too.

mike / holly - hope you got timely flights back and didn't have to violate the modified divechief rule not to take longer for the transportation part of racing than the racing part.

./

ps - some of us can get sore in a 5K.

to say nothing of 10X and 16.5X of that.

Nice for you to have so many sore friends though.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Howdy folks...

I am stuck at the Washington DC airport.  Apparently they are trying to find us an airplane to replace one with engine problems.  Wish me luck.

Roch - great job!

Spareribs - great pics.  The Saint is really racing well!

I am a bit stiff in the quads, but can't really complain...after all, I only ran the 50k...

Yes, the Saint is HOT Looking (just saying because all the boys here wanted to say it and did not dare to do it...shush..boys, you are safe with the wiseone one.)

Yes...Roch (or my Roach) he did great.

Tetsujin, what a great job for my favorite taper boy. You are running longer than I am doing now-days.

Twocat, your job is to keep running with your college all winter long so we can talk her into running the relay next year.

A sigh of Rassmussennp, how wonderful all the way from Japan. I am committed for Boston in April, Macedonia to visit our son in May...please come to the USA in June or July. The Easy Pacer and I wanna see you guys. Hey...have you done a marathon in Montana? What about the Missoula Marathon? http://www.missoulamarathon.org/events/marathon/

Holly, I hope the find a safe plane for you. And please don't tell me that you have to work tomorrow.

This was day one of a very hard week for me. If today is an indication of what the day will look like, can I call in sick of the rest of the wee?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, I hope the find a safe plane for you. And please don't tell me that you have to work tomorrow.

Sadly, I do.  I didn't get in until after 1am, and so would LOVE to take the day off.  Even after only two days off, I know I will be buried in emails and urgent phone messages and crisis issues.  And today we are supposed to work a couple hours late for a run through of a new "funding workshop" we will be offering the clients.  I am exhausted just thinking about it.  But it will be best if I just dive in and get started.  I know MikeE is going to have the same thing to deal with, but I bet his day will be even longer than mine - good luck Mike!

Tet - alas, I broke the rule.

What a great weekend it was though!  I will be savoring the memories for a long time to come.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Holly and Mike, I hope you stay awake at work today!  I made it home just before midnight, and Tazzie and Ladybug were really glad to see me!  I'm sure DH would have been, too, if he was awake!   It was pouring rain in Denver, and of course I had no raincoat with me, so I got wet and cold getting from the  parking shuttle bus to my car, but otherwise an uneventful flight.    I'm happy that I work from home so I didn't have to get up early, but I'm still on Eastern time, so I got up early anyway ...   

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.