Masters Running

Happy Sunday........... (Read 35 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Excellent racing, Enke!  You're speedy!

Tet, Yay!  I'll finally get to meet you at Cougar Mt!

Marj, congrats to your DD on a sub-2 hr half!  I've never managed that.

Twocat, you're pretty speedy for an old guy! 

I had a greta 7 mile trail run today in Golden Gate Canyon State Park. There's still color on the aspen trees, although past the peak.  I sure love trail running!  I think I'm pretty much recovered from VT, although I did need a nap after yesterday's 12 miler.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Nice racing, Enke and Twocat! Very nice, both of you! And Enke, sometimes it just all comes together, right? Just think if you hadn't had to weave all around those other folks in the first mile! Well done!

Holly, I had no interest in running 50 miles when I turned 50, either. Or 50k. But it'll be fun to see what you come up with for yours. Take care of that knee.

Cool, a Tet and Wildchild meet up! Someone had better have a camera. Is Enke going too? What are the distances at that one?

More snow today. Bleh. I guess I'd better get used to it. Headed out mid-afternoon and found that the slushy roads had turned to ice and it was a pretty scary first and last half mile. I almost turned around before I barely got started, but glad I didn't. Once on the bike paths, they were just wet and it was a pretty good run. Took it slower in spots though where there was some ice. 9.1 miles altogether. Not really a "long run" but the longest for this week. 36 miles for the week. I'd sure like to hit a minimum of 40, but realize some weeks it's just not going to happen.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I think I'm pretty much recovered from VT, although I did need a nap after yesterday's 12 miler.

you "recover" same as aamos and ziggie "taper."

Erika - the Cougar Mountain Series starts at 5-miles in May and graduates with a marathon distance in August.

The October run isn't part of the series but, with 8-mi/20-mi/50K options, honors the various winners with the rest of us sneaking in in awe in for whatever distances anyone wants..  At 20 miles, I'll be between enke and wildchild.  We're hoping divechief and maybe francesca and dove might be able to join in too though, last I heard, the latter were in Italy and Florida, respectively.

I haven't been up for more more than five years.

though it's the site of enke's bloody knee, she still braves it once-in-a-while.

It is very steep. the only flattenout is about a half mile to the finish.

I'd be up there lost until midnight in the darkness if I tried the 50K

and hope the 20-mile will allow me to finish before wildchild does but I doubt it.

I sure won't be saying "just" about anyone's 50K anymore, though.

When's your next event?.

Maybe you could use a snow break by the end of the month,.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BTY

I'm glad you asked about a race, Enke. I'm scheduled but not yet registered for the Schenectady Stockade-athon 15k in early November. I've run in it several times before but have always had an injury hampering either my training or the actual race.  I also have a 5k to run in on November 1st. I'm treating it as a tune up race and don't anticipate running much faster than target 15k pace. We'll see how that plays out though.

wildchild

Carolyn

Erika - the Cougar Mountain Series starts at 5-miles in May and graduates with a marathon distance in August.

The October run isn't part of the series but, with 8-mi/20-mi/50K options, honors the various winners with the rest of us sneaking in in awe in for whatever distances anyone wants..  At 20 miles, I'll be between enke and wildchild.  We're hoping divechief and maybe francesca and dove might be able to join in too though, last I heard, the latter were in Italy and Florida, respectively.

Tet, I'm "only" doing the 8 miler!  My  purpose is more to hang out with you and Enke than to run long, and I also want to spend more time with DD.  Otherwise, the 50k would be great. 

Hey, it turns out the 5k that my DD ran this weekend was the Fishes one that you and Enke did!   She declined to run the Cougar Mt run with me, though, but 8 miles won't take long, so I hope she and DH will come and spectate.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.