Masters Running

Riverbank 25K Race Report (Read 259 times)

#artbydmcbride

Yeehaaa!! Great job! Big grin

Runners run

Nice running, Mary! What a thrill it must be to keep hitting splits so close to your "Dream Goal" and then realize the finish is only 3 miles away.... Nice RR, it was a joy to read. Good friends and Michelob Ultra at the finish line too! Keep up with the great running, John
        Excellent race, Mary!! Doesn't it feel so good when things come together like that for a race??? Thanks for sharing!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Mary, Just incredible. I remember a year or so ago when just running a few k seemed insourmountable to you. You are now a veteran, a runner. Congratulations. Talk about fantastic progress and your having so much fun. Congratulations Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

btb1490

When it's your day, you seem invincible, and it was your day! Willie must've been with you! Smile Congratulation, Mary!
              AWESOME! THANKS FOR SHARING THE JOY

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

PJH

Great race, Mary! It's a terrific feeling when everything comes together like that. Enjoy the memories! PJ

The Jogger

YAAAAA Cool go grad, what a brilliant and uplifting race, proud of ya, you did fantastic and love the pic........ Roy

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart! I really appreciate all the support and advise from all of you and know that I would probably not do so good without this forum. I feel so guilty though, as I rarely have time to respond to all of your reports - but please know that I read as many of them as I can! You are all very special to me. ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I'm so glad I popped in today! Hopeful Mary, I am so proud of you! You ran so VERY WELL! I am going to take this as a good sign for my trip to GR in the Fall. You shall run so very well across the state... Thanks for this report, it was so uplifting and inspirational (especially the part about DH taking care of the puppies!) Congratulations on a wonderfully successful race!
                      LaVita
                        Great race! It is nice to read through your report and see just how much you enjoyed it.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Not once did I ever feel like I had to take a walk break or slow down at all. I have never had such a great race experience.
                          Oh Mary - what an awesome feeling that is, when it all comes together! Great racing!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Smokin' Mary! Way to go! I'm glad I opened this great RR. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Congratulations Mary!! What an awesome race. I was going to wave goodbye to you in the 1000 mi group, but figured you wouldn't see it, so here's a wave and a Good Luck to you for reaching 1500! Smile