Masters Running

Komen Breast Cancer Race - Raleigh (Read 240 times)

munchkn883

As Perch said, he was sitting under our tree making sure nobody else even thought about trying to take it over! My BF from childhood had flown up to Maryland so she, her daughter & granddaughter could drive down to join us. This, along with Perch and several TNT alum, made for a perfect day! The weather was wonderful...not too hot until the Survivor walk. We started out walking and then I couldn't stand it anymore...had to run! Ashley (TNT alum from my Phoenix Marathon) stayed with me to make sure I didn't do anything stupid. We ran for a good while, walked, ran and walked until the finish line was in sight. We took off crossing the line together. Boy, did that feel good! We waited for the rest of our crew to cross about 10 min. later. Time: 42:45 Base camp coordinator was DH again...he does a great job!! Food and drinks for anybody who wanted them. Chairs & blanket to rest on. As for me, three Motrin and a bag of ice for the back! Within 30 min. I was as good as new and planning for next year! Mark your calendars for June 13, 2009, and join me at THE tree!! I'll post the pic of Perch and me as soon as Ned sends it. Attire: Pink shirt (of course), light green shorts (wanted to look like an Easter egg), white socks with pink top, pink hat & Brooks Addictions. Oops almost forgot -- CONGRATULATIONS TO PERCH ON HIS PR AND MEDAL!!
    evanflein

Heh, at first I thought BF was boyfriend... Blush I was thinking you do have a tolerant DH!! Donna you are an inspiration to so many. Good job on your race and recovery. Looking forward to seeing the picture!
        Me too! But I know MrMunch and he is the one and only for Munch! What a great day! I am going to mark this day on my calendar for next year and I will, for sure, See you at the Tree!
        LaVita
        nowor

Way to Go Munch! You've given me a goal for my 5K tomorrow...try to keep up w/ Munch. What a nice gathering you had. Good thing Perch staked out the tree.

Maniac 505

Yep, I too, for a couple seconds was wondering why DH was willing to meet an ex BF Roll eyes figured it out pretty quick though. Congrats on such a perfect day, looking forward to seeing the pics. Dave
              Munch, Congrats on a great day and race...I too will look forward to seeing pictures. So nice your BF came up to see the race. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

SteveP

It sounds like a wonderful day!!! Thanks for sharing it with us

SteveP

Sounded like a great day, with your BF too, and breaking out into a run! Can't wait to see the photo.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

#artbydmcbride

Congratulations! And any day with perchcreek in it is a spectacular day! Smile

Runners run

Congrats on your race! It sounds like you had a fun day with family and friends around. Way to go Easter egg girl!! John
                        munch, it sounds like you had a great day and a great race with friends and a good time. Congratulations. TomS

Top 'O the World!

Sounds like you had an eggstrordinary day! Smile
                          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Marathon Maniac #957

We started out walking and then I couldn't stand it anymore...had to run! ....Boy, did that feel good!
                            I love that! Your joy and exuberance have lightened my heart just reading this. You are indeed an inspiration!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Congrats! Fun day with family and friends and some running too Smile Jim
                                Your enthusiasm for life comes out in your writing. Sounds like you had great day Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down