Masters Running

Eastern States 20 mile race---CNYrunner can't count! (Read 330 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

CNY, great race and report. Sure sounds like you're ready for quite a run in less than a month!! BTW, my handle refers to the Forestry school at Syracuse, class of '77, so I also proudly wear a 'Cuse hat, just not blaze orange. (also a native Rochesterian) Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Yeh, that's how you do it!
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Such a great race and report! Such a good day! Congratulations Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Great race! Wow messing up on the mile count. How could that ever happen. Not like I could ever imagine doing such a thing! Big grin (This web page really needs a ROFLMAO smiley.)l

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

I'm with TwoCat. I've made mistakes during races. If I was faster, maybe I'd miss the mile markers. I can't see that racing with a dog ever being safe for the other runners.

SteveP

I have stepped on a bagel but never a beagle in a race ! Tongue In my last race I was trying to read the mile marker painted on the road (No priscription sunglasses) and tripped in a pot hole Blush'm Just glad you didn't turn an ankle or worse. Great race as like everyone else I am amazed at your speed and based on that can't wait to see what you do in Boston.

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

coastwalker

Hi CNYRunner, Thanks for the detailed RR, and congrats on a good run on Sunday, despite the missed mile marker, under-hydration, and the beagle incident. It's tough to see mile markers painted on the road because you have to be looking down at that instant to see them. If you're admiring the view, those mile marks are easy to miss (and you had some rather pleasing scenery along the ocean on Sunday). It's great to take a dog out for a good run, but not in a race with lots of other runners around. After all is said and done, you did the smart thing by dialing back for the second half of the race, and resisting the urge to turn on those jets. You'll be in great shape, physically and mentally, for Boston. Well done!! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

ZZZZZOOOOOMMMMMMM! You are definitely ready for Boston!

#artbydmcbride

Who cares if you can count when you can run that fast! Big grin zoooommm! is right!

Runners run

What a great race! Congratulations! Ultrachick/Kelly (if you see her lurking about) will be at Boston, as well. Good luck to both of you.

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

btb1490

CNY, as usual, your performance leaves me in awe of your abilities, including knowing when to hold back. Regarding the missed mile marker, I would've been disappointed to hear that you passed up an opportunity to view the ocean in favor of looking for numbers on the road. Sorry to hear about the tumble, I'm glad there were no serious injuries from it. Thanks for sharing your awesome race with us. All the best to you these next few weeks.
                          CNY, you are some kinda runner! I hope that I get to meet and just watch you run someday. I can't wait to see how you and the other Masters do in the "big one." I agree about the dog: I can't believe that they allowed that, or that nobody running the event noticed and took action. Besides, isn't it dangerous for a dog to run that far, that fast?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Mariposai

I wow to you darling CNYrunner. Wow, impressive race.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard