Masters Running

wednesday hump day (Read 344 times)

Henrun

Hi all,

beating Jay to early morning run in shorts and t-shirt before the rains.  have a wonderful day!  marj and henrun

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Henrun, I love that photo. 

I am going to attack my treadmill tonight and attempt some speedwork. Too bad it will be at a much slower speed than I would like. I have so much work to do just to get back to where I was when I was trying to get back to where I was. Well, I guess you have to re-restart somewhere.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!  What a cool picture!  Although, I've always said..."Never let a woman drive a camel."  So, be careful!

By the way, Tamps--I have a couple of kids that aren't as smart as your dog was...

...Speaking of kids...my DS, Eric, has started a new job.  He has to be there at 5:00am.  And, since he still does not have a license, I get up at 3:30, get ready for work, drive in the opposite direction to pick him up at his apartment, drive him back to his work, then go on to work myself...which is only about 12 minutes from his place.  He takes his driving test on Friday...for the 3rd time...he had better pass.  Of course, then, I'll have to wake up at 4:00, call him to make sure he's up, then at 4:55 to make sure he made it to work okay.  You know, when I was having all these dang kids, I thought my job was done when they turned 18.  Hmmm...I think Tramp's dog was smarter than me, too.

Anyway--I went 10.3, last night in 1:19:45...I think...something like that. 

Okay--I guess I'd better start working.  I'm project managing the rebuilding of two townhomes which were destroyed by fire a few months ago.  They had wanted to be in their homes by Thanksgiving.  Now, I'm shooting for Christmas.  Some project manager I am.  

Hi Bertha!  Didn't see you there.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good morning.....and happy hump day, yes

Quick post before heading to work....which is insanly busy, but in a good way

Nice sweet cool beautiful run very early this morning (up at 3:45)...I need to go to bed earlier - only 4 and 1/2 hours of sleep last night, but I'm rather used to that, but does catch up with me by the weekend, then I rest.

12.8 miles total, with 5 miles @ tempo 7:21 pace....was too dark to look at my garmin, so just ran by feel and checked my pace once I got home. 8:17 pace for the entire run

I'm gradually getting back to my old form and speed....and looking forward to racing marathons in 2013, and doing well (for me)

Have a great day everyone Smile

And Tet........oh, no particular reason - lol

TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

delicate flower

Good morning!  Lori, I've got the same running plan as you today:  Speedwork on the treadmill.  Hopefully my legs will have their life back after my race Sunday. 

8 on the treadmill for me last night because I wasn't in the mood to run in fog, darkness, and drizzle.  Sometimes those evening runs with a headlamp just feel so lonely. 

<3

Ribs... If I ran with my shirt off, the natives would harpoon me...

My DD#2 turns 14 today, went out for her birthday dinner last night so she could attend her church youth group tonight...

Going for a run soon...prolly 5 or 6...

Have a greta day...

Nice pic Henry...

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
              coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Great photo, especially for hump day, Marj and Henry! Despite their rep, women drivers are better than men, so a nice woman can drive my camel any day.

Yep, everyone has to start (and restart) sometime, BerthaSlayer, so just get at it. As long as we realize that we can't ketchup all at once, we'll be fine.

MikeE, I'm not one, but my understanding is that a parent's work is never done. But if DS gets his license (maybe 3rd time's a charm), it seems it would make your life measurably easier. Good luck with the townhomes project. With so many variables and so many players, I don't know how projects like that ever get done on time.

Nice early run to start the day, Timbo!

....was too dark to look at my garmin, so just ran by feel and checked my pace once I got home.

I have that problem and use that solution every day. It helps to give me a better sense of what different paces feel like, so it's not so bad.

Ribs, you are one heck of a fashionista!

Nice to hear from you, PBJ! Nice job of helping out another runner in your weekend marathon, and congrats on #20.

CNY, nice slate of races in the USATF-NE GP. I've never done any of those races, so I'll see if I can sneak a few in in '13. I also want to do more judged racewalking races next year, so scheduling could be tough.

Like Marj & Henrun, I had shorts and t-shirt weather (a ridiculous 57F) at a few minutes after 4 this morning. I went 5.3 racewalking miles, and got back just as the rain started. That rain is bringing in a cold front, so 57 was the high temp for the day. Today I did short-step drills and technique drills, and had a terrific workout.

Enjoy your camel day!  -  Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Slo

Marj and henrun...Living the life!

No shorts and T's this morning. It was running pants and long sleeve today. Quite the change from the day before.

Had a nice wind at my back ride to work today. Unfortunately the winds will pick up today and won't be in my favor going home.

Burn those Green shorts, Ribs.

I got up and went out for an easy-paced 5 miles this morning.  Legs a bit tired but not too bad, so I just ran easy.  9:20 pace. avg HR 135.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

...''Never let a Woman drive your Camel''................Words to Live By......

I gues

mikeE has decided

to quit being PC

==========

hi PBJ and Janie......

bike ride,

poolrun,

and

Finding out

how to turn the Gizmo ''On''

that I plan to be using while the Y resurfaces the pool

later I plan to find out the NAME of whatever this thing is.

......................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

Burn those Green shorts, Ribs.

I guess there are benefits to being colorblind.

I ran a few miles yesterday morning but later in the day I tweaked my back moving some heavy furniture so today is a rest day.  If you've been sitting at a desk for 30 years writing computer code I would recommend against saying yes when someone asks for help moving something big and heavy.  Or maybe at least loosen up and warm up a little before you carry it.

Tramps

Hump day....camel...I get it. Smile  Great picture.

EZ 5 in the drizzling rain this morning.

Be safe. Be kind.

5 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip

I ended up doing 3.5 miles of Fartleks on the TM because I was watching my youngest 2 kids last night. I hate the TM. This was the first time on it in awhile. A few days over the summer when it was up near 100 degrees with 80% humidity I opted for the TM over dying of heat exhaustion,but I have not been on it since.

I hope to get out on the road tonight. I plan on doing 6-7 easy miles.

Have a good day.

mrrun

Had a nice wind at my back ride to work today. Unfortunately the winds will pick up today and won't be in my favor going home.

+1  (and no rain for the ride either - altho the streets were wet)

the camel ride was one of our activities in Israel - website was something like abrahamandsarahingenesisland.com

off to first of a gazillion mtgs today  Joking

marj