Masters Running

Bridge of Flowers 10k---looking for Flyin Hawaiian? (Read 156 times)

Flyin’ Hawaiian! Are you going to be at the Bridge of Flowers 10k this weekend? It will be mob scene especially since it’s part of the Grand Prix series, but maybe we can say hello in person if you’ll be there? I have it in my head that you mentioned this race awhile back. I’ll be there with one of my running buddies and her 9 year-old twins. We may have a few more with us as well, not sure yet. This isn’t a PR target race for me, but a fun race with that crazy Crittenden Hill and all! Hope to meet you and any other RAers who might be there….chime in all! Karin/CNYrunner
      Hey. Thanks for remembering me. I am on the fence about it now. I rolled my ankle Sunday running trails with the club so I am waiting to see how much pain I am in by Friday. I ended up walking half way up Crittenden last year. So I will post here on Friday night whether I intend to run or not. It sure would be fun to meet up and meet some of the other RAers. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Hi Laurie, Sorry about the ankle. Ouch! You are smart to wait on a decision. I'll check back on Friday and we'll go from there. That Crittenden Hill is a beast in the midst of a 10k. I walked and jogged it two years ago when I did this and probably went faster while walking! Take good care of yourself and if I don't see you Saturday, I hope we'll meet up some day soon. Karin
          CNY, going to run the Bridge. I recruited 3 women from the club to run it too. Would like to meet you there and say hello. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Cool! e-mail me at k george at wash-mcg dot com and we can make a plan. I'll send you my number and all. One of my buddies is driving us all up there, so I am not sure exactly when I'll get there, but we can connect on the phone and try and meet up beforehand or afterwards. The ankle is better then, yes? Good news. Karin/CNYrunner