Masters Running

Tues Oct 7th Daily (Read 556 times)

SteveP

Thanks for starting us Roy. Things seem a bit off when you don't post.
    we had a great time last weekend. Our campground was right on Lake Leelenau and B'Nellie loved going swimming despite the cold, cold water. We toured my favorite winery and DH bought be a case of my favorite Reisling. !
    Smile Ouch Bill Sad Oh My Gosh Doug. How's the kid today????
    As a matter of fact, I lost another toenail this morning - my first since the spring marathons. I feel like a runner again. Big grin
    Sweet Dicky, the way you start your posts is kewl Erika, I never have to remind myself to slow down. 3.25 miles. My legs have beefed up after starting this job. My weight is with-in unacceptable parameters. Still it's normal for me. Time for new stretches I guess. Cry Nuts http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE49645B20081007

SteveP

Amy, I'd love to round up a few RA masters and go for a marathon in Italy....iI could be the tour guide...!!! Seriously... Francesca
      Seriously. I'm thinking '09 and will defer to your recommendations. Cool
      Masters 2000 miles
        Tramps, thanks for the Latin article. I'll make copies for my students (and their parents). Overdue for a rest day, so today I took one. Dark Horse
        I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          I have a question for the group which I may repost on tomorrow's daily since I am not sure how many people will see it given "the debate" (which I am obviously not watching) is going on right now. I have two easy double days scheduled for Wednesday and Friday. Since I just decided to run the Westchester HM on Sunday I need to figure out if I should take Saturday off or run 4 EZ that day. Normally, I would take the day off. But I was so stiff in my last race I am wondering if I should try something new. This is not a target race. At most it is a redemption race for how I did last Sunday but that is it. All advice and suggestions are welcome! P.S. No, advice on this need not be backed up by any academic studies! Wink

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I have two easy double days scheduled for Wednesday and Friday. Since I just decided to run the Westchester HM on Sunday I need to figure out if I should take Saturday off or run 4 EZ that day. Normally, I would take the day off. But I was so stiff in my last race I am wondering if I should try something new. This is not a target race. At most it is a redemption race for how I did last Sunday but that is it. All advice and suggestions are welcome!
            Twocat, if you were stiff in your last race, I doubt that running more than usual will benefit you. I suppose we are all different, but my bias is to take it easy the day before a race, especially a long race such as a HM. In fact, I would recommend running less than usual on Friday, too. You are certainly not going to lose any fitness between Friday and Sunday, and the extra rest may well do you good and leave you raring to go on Sunday. Dark Horse
            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
            Mariposai

P.S. No, advice on this need not be backed up by any academic studies! Wink
              Priceless! Cool Twocats, considering that you just ran a 20 miler today and you are racing on Sunday I would follow your training plan for the rest of the week. I would do your Friday's plan eZe. Run an EZe 3 miler on Saturday or rest.. and then hit your HM pace from the get go on Sunday. That still would give you your 2 key w/o in one week without taxing the body so much. I ran eze miles the day before my last two marathons and my legs definitely felt better. Of course I am not an authority on training by any means.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Nice mid-week runs today, {breger}, Tramps, Peter, Holly, Jlynne, lyndenrunner, enkephalin, Franc59, tselbs. Any run over 4 or 5 miles during the week is a nice bonus. Tramps - thanks for the link...I've been thinking of looking at different shoes. I've been on the Asics 2130 (and prev. numbers) since I started to running five years ago. I don't have any problems with them, just want to see if it is the best shoe for me. I'm tapering, but I needed a endorphin fix. So I did the club interval workout (2x400,3x1200,2x800). I took it easy on the 400s, but the 1200m intervals felt great at ~4:10. I didn't feel I needed to go the whole workout, leaving me still hungry for Hartford.
                -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                also on Twitter
                  Twocat- Normally if I'm racing Sunday,I rest on Friday and run an easy 3 or 4 on Saturday...usually with my running club
                  Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip