Masters Running

...just a quick race report - Portland (the Oregon kind) (Read 353 times)

That was a smart smart race....and you got to enjoy it! Those half splits are mouth watering! I would love to do Portland someday. You rock.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

But I felt strong all the rest of the way to the finish, and for the first time in a long while I was actually passing people at the end and feeling good
      That says so much right there. Excellent job, PDR, and the meet-up with friends adds so much, too. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

arf

MM #405

Great race H, you totally owned those hills...up and down! Congrats! Sounds like you guys had a really fun weekend Smile arf
        Mariposai

It was so great seeing you and WRFB in my side of the country. You guys are such a cool couple. My DH was very impressed with you two. When I saw you in the race course you looked so good and so fresh as if you were just in mile one. I knew it then that you were going to own that race. Congratulations on a well executed race.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Tramps

I have not been a good poster lately, so I don't feel quite right about taking up a whole topic for my race report. I'll try to keep it short.
            Puh-lease! This is nonsense. You have enough goodwill stockpiled here to last a lifetime...even if you have been neglecting us a little lately. We expect a separate and full-length race report. We demand it! Smile Okay, now that I've got that out of the way....Great race! As others have noted, this just seems so smart on your part. You have enough experience now to assess your condition, plan accordingly, and execute perfectly. Congratulations on a job well done! I'm toying with the idea of hanging out with a pace group this time...mostly to hang on to them during the last 10K. Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Be safe. Be kind.

mustang sally

Bad faerie

PDR, I'm so glad you had fun. That picture in my avatar is on the Steel Bridge in last year's. That guy in pink stole my line Smile Well planned and well executed!

The Jogger

Well PDR, I think you made a great decision to run with that pace group and it paid dividends especially to finish like you did. Now those place finishes are really tops aswell. Well done Roy
                  You said it--pacing is so important and you were brilliant at it! Congrats, and here's to having had a safe and fun trip, too. grins, A
                  Masters 2000 miles
                    Way to go, PDR! Another strong marathon performance. Your experience with the 4:15 pace group is especially interesting to me, as that is my target for my next (hopefully penultimate) marathon that is still two years away. It's a 9:44 pace, which doesn't sound too bad at this point, but I was glad you found it comparatively easy since you're a number of years younger and more experienced a runner. Anyway, glad you enjoyed the outcome.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

Excellent race and so glad to hear you felt good this time around. Nice strong finish on the downhill, I love it! That time in Boston shouldn't count anyway, you weren't feeling well and got hit hard with some bug afterward. This time around it was your turn to go! That BQ will come, no problem.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

PDR - you had better post your race reports or we'll come lookin' for you!! You ran a great marathon and you knew just how to handle those hills along with your overall pace. Congratulations on such a well executed race. Your post-race refreshments sound wonderful too!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

PDR, Awesome race, Congratulations on achieving your goal. Way to go Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

CONGRATULATIONS - you ran a very smart race...way to go!
                              Way to go PDR and strong finish to boot. You and WRFB know how to combine your racing adventures with friends and family fun with such success. Congratulations and hope to see you soon! Karin