Masters Running

It's Friday! 3.4.16 (Read 37 times)

Sayhey! MM#130

Or you could go for distinguished, as I do , letting it go silver (use silver-sounds posh, don't it?) Holly.  Say, remind me I should stock up on hot hands this fall in Ohio.  It's hard to find those babies here.

Kevin, you crack me up.   Pain & suffering, o yeah!

And y'all reminded me of this sweet young mom from Toronto visiting here for a bit I ended up running with for some miles Sunday.   A good runner, she was a speed talker.  Very nice, but it was exhausting in a mild sort of way (I like spunky).  Pshew.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Jlynne I also want to add that I was not offended or otherwise perturbed.

Today I saw a student receive his PhD after spending 11 years in the program. Yes, you read that right! Eleven years! What will he do now? I have no idea. He is not suited for an academic research job. He does not really like teaching, so a teaching school is out. He is not psyched about taking a job at a financial firm, and he has a PhD in finance, so now what? He needs a rich uncle to leave him a few million I guess. 

Tomorrow I may see about running a few miles. If not tomorrow then Sunday. Nothing hurts at this point, so it is time to see how things go.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Yep--Holly--I know how you feel.  Hang in there.

I went 6 yesterday and 10 today, after work.  I snuck out early and only put in 9 hrs...I didn't feel guilty one single bit.

Mikey is a cross country ski coach for Team Alaska.  They are competing in Junior Nationals over in Cable Wisconsin next week and are there this weekend.  So--my daughters, Eric, and I are heading over there in the morning to spend the weekend with him.  It should be fun.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Marathon Maniac #957

He needs a rich uncle to leave him a few million I guess. 

Or at least a few hundred thousand to pay for his 11 years at Harvard......

Mike - we will want to see pictures of those adorable twins!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."