Masters Running

Towering Tuesday - 12/9 (Read 34 times)

Dave59

I'm enjoying my post hill workout "high".  Something about forcing myself out of bed at 4:15 and then running 7.2 miles in the dark, on an inch (or less) of fresh wet snow, running up and down hills 15 times that really get the endorphins rolling.  It would be almost impossible to make me angry about anything.

Kind of helps that Cindy made some sausage balls yesterday that I heated up for breakfast today.  They were a nice change of pace from my Frosted Flakes.  (They were for something she went to last night but she had left overs.)

Have a greta day.

Mariposai

Sausage balls sounds yummie, Dave. Great job going up and down the hills 15 times.

I too got out for a run at Jay o'clock in the dark and in the rain. I only had time for 4 miles since I had to come back home to make a stir fry dish for the Easy Pacer to take to his work for a pot luck.

Any word from Aamos?

Mustang Sally, what did the doctor say about your foot?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Slo

Hey All,

I'm not much of a big breakfast eater anymore but that sounds pretty good Dave.

Back to the daily grind. I had an enjoyable day off yesterday but work was waiting for me today.

The running weather looks to be truely favorable for the remainder of the week...shorts weather even!

King of PhotoShop

Woke up this morning feeling fine.  There's something special on my mind.  Last night I met a new girl in my neighborhood. Something tells me I'm in for something good.  (That was for Dave, paying him back for yesterday.)

No word from the heart doc, so maybe my heart is okay.

3.6 in chilly fog this morning.  1 mile in 8:30's and two x 1/2 mile @ 8:06 pace.  Felt okay.

Slow day of work today.  Spareribs

evanflein

Nice hill running, Dave. Sounds like a good way to get the day going. Sausage balls? I be my DH and kids would love 'em.

Mike E, you're not a wimp by any means. I really need to get my treadmill cleaned up and running. I don't want to use it until I do that. It spent the summer outside wrapped in plastic, but still got pretty dirty. I really don't like running in wind.

Nice run, Ribs! Hope everything is ok, but you sure had a sproinky run this morning! (ha, autocorrect wants to change sproinky to "springy."

Aamos posted on FB finally. She's off crutches, and will get better to run again, but for now is pretty disappointed in herself for pushing on when she should've pulled up in Philly.

I ran 6.2 miles yesterday, and it was a pretty good run despite the uneven choppy snow in places. We got just under an inch, and apparently that's not enough to bring out the plows so the footing wasn't great. And I lost one of my spike things. Not sure how to describe them, but they're rubber with spikes on the bottom, and pull on over the sole of the shoe. Mine are just a little big, and one apparently came off at some point. Figure maybe I don't need them if I didn't notice it was gone? I have extras, but bummed that I lost that one. Today will be cooler and windier, but I still hope to get out for a run later.

Gotta pack for New York! We're going to a Broadway show on Saturday, Jersey Boys. The big fun will be our play date with Hally/Barb on Friday!

And I lost one of my spike things. Not sure how to describe them, but they're rubber with spikes on the bottom, and pull on over the sole of the shoe. Mine are just a little big, and one apparently came off at some point. Figure maybe I don't need them if I didn't notice it was gone? I have extras, but bummed that I lost that one.

Erika - what are these spikes you speak of? I'm not a big fan of Yax Trax, but the footing was pretty miserable here as well this morning. The thing I don't like about Yax is when you hit an occasional patch of dry pavement. Then those springs drive you nuts. 6 miles this morning in balmy 31° temps after a couple of inches overnight. Have fun in NYC. You must have a lot of frequent flyer miles!

That's too bad about Amos. Hope she will keep us up to date on how she's doing.

Ribs -

Nice hill work Dave.

Hi Slo! The Pack always figures out a way to make the game interesting, don't they?! The Cellcom race director resigned yesterday. He wanted to make the half and full marathons on separate days. He thinks all of those people running through the player tunnel at Lambeau Field is a safety risk but the powers that be won't make the changes. This could get interesting.

evanflein

Jlynne, here's what I use (the one on the high heels just cracks me up... mine are the ones in the center).

Slo

Hi Slo! The Pack always figures out a way to make the game interesting, don't they?! The Cellcom race director resigned yesterday. He wanted to make the half and full marathons on separate days. He thinks all of those people running through the player tunnel at Lambeau Field is a safety risk but the powers that be won't make the changes. This could get interesting.

Yes they do Jlynne but I am certainly enjoying the season.

That's to bad about Sean. He's got enough experience, I think I would have to trust his judgement. Two days wouldn't bother me at all and I'd think bring a few more doallars into town with it. Especially given the Half sells out. Splitting them up would probably allow it to become bigger.  I have it on my Radar to run the half this year.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Erika - not for running but I used to use them for trying to walk on occasional sheet ice in dress shoes in those days.  However, don’t worry about losing one; you’ll find it in April when the snow melts same as we used to collect quarters dropped from frozen hands around parking meters, etc. 
                    Good job dave.
                    getting ready for the towering hills of WV already?
                    When are you goin’ there?
                    Poor aamos. I’ve never been hurt in my version of running but I remember talking to soundrunner about her soreness and pain from full-out racing (that I vaguely remember on my own from x-c ski racing in those days) masking the pain from injuries (that would have the rest of us calling it a day), . . . until the latter don’t go away afterwards. <<<(aamos/aamos)>>>
                    With temps still in the fifties, I added another four miler this morning.

I bet enke, divechief and soundrunner too ran too.

speaking of two, it must be raining too where twocat is.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

mustang sally

Bad faerie

Saw the doc.

"Yes, your foot definitely hurts," he said, as I blanched at the very notion of hopping on it.

Was parcelled off to X-ray (no news), an orthopedic surgeon (appointment in three months), and physio ASAP.

"Hey, it feels a lot better today," I said this morning over breakfast.  "Maybe I will go for a nice easy run."

"If you do and it hurts tonight, will you flump around and say you were an idiot for going running?"
                      "Well, yes..."
                      "Here's your swimming bag.  Have a nice day."

*sigh*

Am engaging in self-soothing mountain-bike-shopping behavior.  Roch, I'm thinking of heading up to the MTB skills park at Stony Creek if the cool, dry-ish weather holds.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Don't you hate when your significant other is so logical?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

janie b good

3.25 t'mill miles

hubby's xmas party this evening, so I get to sparkle like a Christmas ornament (black/gold lace dress and fancy heels).  kind of excited! ... maybe i'll get sausage balls too, Dave.  BONUS! Wink

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.

Nice run, Dave!

Sally - Listen to that "inner" voice - well, the voice that's trying to be your inner voice.

5 miles this a.m. in windy conditions.  I think all the ST I've been doing, combined with my lack of running for 6 weeks, is taking a toll on my legs.  They felt like stumps this morning on every miniscule incline.  Oh well, things will get better.  We're supposed to get a pretty big storm in tonight, so running tomorrow  was not an option as it would have been too easy to use that as an excuse not to run.

There is a house I go by every day on my way to and from work, and I run by it the mornings I run, and I go by there at least once, if not more, on the weekends.  There are two dogs there, they look like pit/mix, that I have been worried about for some time and finally called animal control today.  I never see anybody around the house, the blinds are always closed, so I don't know if it's been turned into a grow house.  But something just doesn't feel like right about the dogs, and to me they just don't look good, especially the white one.  There doesn't appear to be any shelter for them, except the concrete front porch.  These dogs are so attached to one another that they literally lay on each other.

I fear that it will be deemed that they are being taken care of "according what the law requires," which will be very unfortunate, because they definitely do not have happy lives.  We'll see . . . .

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - nice run!

Sally - hang in there...

Erika - thanks for the link - I think I may get a pair.  The high heels crack me up, too.  

Leslie - poor dogs. Hopefully your call did some good.  If not, call again in a couple weeks.  The squeaky wheel and all that.

6.6 miles for me this morning in a lovely 39 degrees.

Heading out to catch DD's basketball game.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Wow, nothing since Holly posted last? Quiet day around here.

Hey! I found my spikes! I went on pretty much the same route as yesterday, and there it was, right on the sidewalk. I guess I'm glad the plows weren't out today after all! 6.8 miles tonight, just under 8:30 avg pace. It was about 13° and a brisk wind from the NE, so I tried to go E to W to E without turning S or N to avoid the wind. Seemed to work, run felt good and I didn't get cold.