Masters Running

Happy March 3/1 Masters Daily - Come on Spring! (Read 402 times)

fussyrunner like Holly S. said trust your training. The race will be entirely different for any number of reasons. The point of running the race today was to stress your system in preparation for the race. Well, it sure did that! dg. before you decide to do or not do anything I think you should first ask you doctor. My advice, FWIW, would be to come equipped with as many questions as you can think of. Write them down. That way you do not leave the office and an hour later think, "Oh I forgot to ask about . . ." Whether you should or should not do some exercise (pain or not pain) is something your sports doctor can answer and do so a lot more authoritatively than anybody else.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Maniac 505

Divechief, those CRANK e-gels sound awesome...think I will order some. Thanks.
      I will gladly give you some to try if you are either downtown, or if we meet at a race in the near future. Dave
      evanflein

Deb, what is it about the pool running that hurts?? Honestly, it should be a deep water, no impact event. Pool running is not trying to run on the bottom of the pool! In fact, the lack of impact is what makes it so beneficial. Tell me more about what you're doing... I'm with Fussyrunner and Wildchild today. My run totally sucked. I think I over did the shoveling yesterday, and my 10 mile run was too late in the day. I made it 15 miles today. And that last mile was hard. I was trying to do the 5/5/5/5 thing, where you increase your pace as you go along. Maybe I started out too fast, but under normal conditions that wouldn't have been the case. But given yesterday's workout (and driveway workout), maybe it was just too much. I ran 5 @ 8:42, 5 @ 8:34, 4 @ 8:27, and one at 8:50 or so, then called it quits. I barely made that last mile, but wanted to get to at least 15. Walked a total of a mile, for 16 total mileage. Feel like a total weenie. But next week should be better. DH leaves for a trip early on Sunday a.m., and I'll try again for that 20 with no concern about what he's doing or thinking I'm doing... (yes, after all these miles, that's still a concern).