Masters Running

Intrepid Racers ~ December 9 & ahead!!! (Read 49 times)

#artbydmcbride

And the racing continues! Good luck and fleet feet to all racers - have fun!

************This week and weekend*******************

12/13 Opie - Lady of the Mountain 10k, Alamogordo, NM

12/13 Coastwalker - Tom Knatt NE 1-Mile Championship (racewalking), Cambridge, MA

12/14 Ileneforward - Holiday Half Marathon, Pomona CA

12/14 Deez4boyz - Somerville Jingle Bell 5k - Somerville, MA

12/14 wildchild - Deception Pass 50k, Deception Pass State Park, WA

***** next week and ahead *********

12/20 ibleedunionblue - Huff 50K Relay, Indiana

12/20 tetsujin - Pigtails Marathon (Ravensdale, WA) in a thong (with wool stockings)

12/20 hen run - Patrons of the Heart 5K: Jacksonville, FL

12/20 Marj - Patrons of the Heart 5K: Jacksonville, FL

**~*~* 2015 *~*~***

01/03 Ileneforward - New Year's Race, LA CA

*****Feb*****

02/01 Ileneforward - Surf City marathon, HB CA

02/14 ibleedunionblue - Myrtle Beach Marathon - Myrtle Beach, SC

02/22 BlazinCajun - GRU Augusta Half-Marathon, Augusta, GA

*****March*****

03/15 Dave59 - Big Island Half Marathon - Hilo, HI

03/29 ibleedunionblue - Knoxville Marathon - Knoxville, TN

*****April******

04/25 ibleedunionblue - Illinois Marathon - Champaign, IL

*******May*******

05/03 ibleedunionblue - Pittsburgh Marathon - Pittsburgh PA

Runners run

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear ilene -
      Are you signing up for some of those PR and costume fun runs in October in addition to your annual LB Marathon. For some reason, I’m accused of wearing a costume in all of mine events anyway.  In the meantime, this weekend’s Fat Glass 50K provides a glass of beer on every 5.2 mile lap to ease the pain-and-suffering of an ultra-marathon on a local trail notorious for rocks, roots, snags and puddles of mud and horse poop. I probably have too much fun anyway to need any though.
      9/27 tetsujin - Fat Glass 50K (Bellevue, WA) - thongs

ps - it should be enough to let me change the 10/19 Dawg Dash 5K to the 10K option.

thnax.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

#artbydmcbride

Hey Tetsujin! I have a 5k and a 10 mile race in October, and I may wear a costume for the 10 miler, it kind of depends on the weather. 

Runners run

TammyinGP

I actually have a race to add!

10/4 TammyinGP - AveMaria Crusader  5K, Maple Grove, MN

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear Ilene -
            Have fun at this year’s Long Beach Marathon.
            They should give you a gratis entry, especially if you have a bodacious costume

or are otherwise bodacious anyway. .
            Have you ever heard of a free 5K?
            A local promotion here in Seattle has a free 5K on 10/11 that’s interested a lot of local runners who wouldn’t otherwise bother with a 5K.

Unfortunately, my 83-yo Ironman mentor seems to have recovered from all the aches and pains of having his car totaled in August that allowed me to beat him in a race  . <<<(LaborDayHalfMarathon)>>> for the first time ever since he clobbered me by more than an hour in our first race in the 1987 Ironman Hawaii. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

10/11 tetsujin - Denali Dash 5K (Redmond, WA) - barefoot

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Henrun

Ilene-good luck at Long Beach. Marj and I are running the Run For All Ages on 11/1/14 at Wakefield, Ma.-a 5K

Tet, the above mentioned 5K is free for all runners over 80 (that means me). Also the is a free 2.5 mile and 5 mile non award races every Saturday am in Cambridge, Ma.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet, the above mentioned 5K is free for all runners over 80 (that means me). Also the is a free 2.5 mile and 5 mile non award races every Saturday am in Cambridge, Ma.

That's great about the sans-fee races for octogenarians..

I'd probably run even if I didn't want to just to show appreciation.

Fortunately, with all the Marathon Maniacs around here in the PNW, there's a half-dozen or more marathons that are free or minimal donation for everyone.and the Seattle Marathon has a $10 discount for 60-y0+.  It should be the equivalent of the runners' age to have any substance though. .

The Denali Dash is the first free fun run I've heard of though.

pfriese

Hey Ilene!

Late addition for the week.

10/11 pfriese - Trinity 5K, Yukon OK

Thanks

Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dearlene -
                    Don’t want to make dave envious so don’t tell him but DD wanted to know if I was available for some GS duty this weekend, and into the week too, so 5-6 mile Tour’d’Zoo trying to keep up to 5-yo bundle of energy and finding as many ABC animals as possible will supplant UW 10K Husky Dash for this year.
                    Thanks.
                    ps - no particular reason <<<(wildchild/enke/dove)>>> but please change RunScared 5K to:

10/26 tetsujin - Cougar Mountain 20-mile (Issaquah, WA) - Chaco thongs

Henrun

Ilene- this weekend for me- 10/19 Paddy's Road Race 3 miles- West Newton, Ma.

Mariposai

Please add the following:

10/26 Mariposai - Cougar Mt 50k-

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM #7877

Please Add:

11/02 ibleedunionblue - Marshall University Marathon.

Philippians 4:13.

an amazing likeness

Wow...November right around the corner already? Geez..

11/01 milktruck- Great Osprey 10K, Freeport, ME or Moose Pond Half, Bridgton, ME (race morning decision)

11/09 milktruck - Seacoast Half, Portsmouth, NH

11/27 milktruck - Thanksgiving Day 4-miler, Portland, ME

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

11/01 milktruck- Great Osprey 10K, Freeport, ME or Moose Pond Half, Bridgton, ME (race morning decision)

Glad you're feeling back in racing form.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

#artbydmcbride

Looks like you will put that extra hour of daylight to good use!

Runners run