Sun

Partly Cloudy

7222°

415°

Mon

Sunny

7021°

415°

Denver weather, above.  --looks fine until I post.  so the first two numbers are the high and the then the low is the next line.  So high Sat is 67, Lo is 40.  Hi Sun is 72 and Low is 41.  Bet the other numbers if you do that.

Children should have a cause of action against their parents for stoopidity.

employees should be treated as if managed to get past junior high, not just educationally, but emotionally as well....or just attach the shock collar, which is what the PTB would really prolly prefer instead of throwing us pizza that we can eat in dungarees.

and I am going for a run after work b/c I need to remember how wonderful is my life.....

And what Stumpy said.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Full-fledged taper today and tomorrow for Saturday’s 12 hour extravaganza at nearby Carkeek Park with its two footbridge crossings and running up aways along side a small creek hosting dozens of spawning coho salmon within sight of the trail. Better yet, gotta love a race where there’s no DNF’s as anyone who runs up-and-down the two 230 foot hills around the 1.93 mile park perimeter, no matter how many times, is a winner as the results only list total mileages without regard to how long it took, an hour or all twelve.

Dave - is it too hilly, cold, or whatever for cycle commuting?
      Jeanne - that’s fantastic, particularly with both teams undefeated so far this season.
      It hard not to side with a team that has any connection to Vince Lombardi, especially now that they’ve got an honorable and loyal 31-yo quarterback but, with all the discounting of 39 years being too old for Denver’s quarterback to be any good anymore, it’s hard not to be on the age-before-beauty side. Have fun.
      ps amy - the older I get, the more wonderful life seems to become too, after all.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Dave59

Full-fledged taper today and tomorrow for Saturday’s 12 hour extravaganza at nearby Carkeek Park with its two footbridge crossings and running up aways along side a small creek hosting dozens of spawning coho salmon within sight of the trail. Better yet, gotta love a race where there’s no DNF’s as anyone who runs up-and-down the two 230 foot hills around the 1.93 mile park perimeter, no matter how many times, is a winner as the results only list total mileages without regard to how long it took, an hour or all twelve.

Dave - is it too hilly, cold, or whatever for cycle commuting?

I would like to try your 12-hour extravaganza (at least for an hour anyway.) Then I would sit back and watch.

I"m 45 miles from the office by interstate and longer by side roads so a commute would be tough.  The roads around here are not good for bicycling. No room to move out of the way. And I no longer have a bicycle.  Those are the 3 main reasons I don't commute by bike.

I would like to try your 12-hour extravaganza (at least for an hour anyway.)

...I love it.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

Jeanne, have fun in Denver!  How long will you be in town?  The forecast this weekend looks wonderful - well, we'll get snow in the mountains on Friday, but it'll be warm and sunny all weekend!

Speaking of forecasts, I'm checking the weather for the Moab trail marathon in a week, and so far it looks great!  High in the 50s, which is cooler than the last several years I've done the race, but pretty perfect!

Dave, those sound like three pretty good reasons for not commuting by bike!

4 easy miles this afternoon, that felt a lot sproinkier than yesterday.  Yesterday my legs felt like lead for some reason.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

No runningday for me since a day a-la Erika at the office.  I am so proud of my staff, they redeemed the day. The highlight of my day was taking the time to go to the soccer game to watch my little girl friend play.

Cheers to all.

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Mariposai, I didn't run today either. Pretty much planned a rest day for today earlier in the week when I saw the weather forecast. And yes, today was another one of "those days" at the office.

It was a pretty fun drive home (not) with the intersections so slick and so many drivers acting like they've never driven on snow before. Sliding through intersections, sliding around the roundabouts, slipping wide on corners... oy. Glad to be home after all that.