Masters Running

40s On the Run - It's Summertime! (Wk of 06/22/08) (Read 475 times)

Cindy - Great pics! Looks cold and refreshing. Arla - Nice T-shirt! Farmer Jim - The week's over. Take a deep breath and have a beer. Smoke from the fires east of us blew into our area today. Everything's really hazy. Had a client come up from the Santa Rosa area, and she said everything south of there is brutal. Yesterday on the news they showed a satellite photo of Ukiah south to below San Fran and it looked like cloud cover, but it was all smoke. Yuck! Tomorrow's our last long run before our run on July 12, then it's taper, taper, taper. The Hub has 4 days off over the 4th of July weekend, so I'm trying to get him to go up and see his sister in Eastern Oregon. Give me a vacation! Big grin We had cement poured in our shed addition this a.m. I was looking at it when I got home and suddenly one of the cats ran in. Well, it was completely dry . . . . . Shy I think it's rather fitting. Smile Have a good evening!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Forest Park, Portland, OR:

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

I should get that t-shirt too! I'm in good shape with only two black toe nails. Great to hear the kid stories but you know-my boys are 12 (almost 13) and 11 and I'm living in blissful ignorance of what lies ahead of me as a parent and would like to keep that way for as long as possible... Wink Have a good weekend everyone and for those who are familiar with Western States canceling-on the VT100 web site they've announced opening up 40 more spots to take in some of those lost racers and anyone who was turned away from the VT100 because it was full already. They don't do online registration so it's the first 40 by post mark. It's the 20th anniversary for the race so it will be a special time. Doing my long run tomorrow so it's time for bed. Kelly
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

flatland mountaineer

Leslie - We saw this product in the farm store today and thought of you. http://antimonkeybutt.com/ Lynda

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Lynda - That is just too funny!! I definitely have to purchase some! Today was our last long trail run - 3 hours, I have no idea how many miles, but am estimating 13-15. My legs felt like pillars of cement almost the whole time. Then, after 2 hours, we had to do 25 minutes of steady state. Ugh! Now I get to clean house before I clean up. It's very overcast, but it's also mixed with smoke. Not lung friendly. Have a great Saturday . . . Cool

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

just wanted to let ya'll know we survived the Slacker HM!....chip time: 2:30:12 (plus all the stops - according to Garmin - 15 mins worth...).. once again, I learned some things....will write up the RR later, when I have more time....right now, have some serious stretching & housework to do....Oh! got to meet Wildchild from the Master's Daily thread! Smile
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

WTG Cindy!!! Did Doug run it also?

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

Just had to stop in. Great goin' Cindy! You are a half mary veteran now...that's two, right? Smile. Howdy to everyone else. Busy week and I've caught a little bug, so not much time/energy to post or run at the moment. I'll be back to catch up w/ you more fully soon. I miss not being able to read/post much these days....this is such an encouraging "place" made special by each of you.
                  Progress Trumps Pefection

Queen of 3rd Place

Cindy - good goin' on your HM - and also on the 100 pushups thing! Leslie - I feel cooler just looking at that pic of Oregon! Your training runs on those trails sound tough but wow look at the payoff. Carol - take care of that bug! I hate how summer bugs can linger and linger. If anything, it's even more smoky today than it has been, and hot, too. Really just completely disgusting outside. Nothing to be done but run slower... Arla

Ex runner