Masters Running

January Masters Miles Awards (Read 51 times)

evanflein

104.6 for January. I'm delighted to have cracked 100!!

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!!

January: 167 miles

No races--no PRs--no nothin'

So, at the end of last year, I adjusted my miles on the last week to insure that my Total miles was a full number--no decimals.  For this year, I'm going to try to do the same thing for every month...kind of dumb, huh?

Dave59

January 103.43

YTD 103.43 Roll eyes

Very good quote!  No races this month but lots of good runs and a good routine, running every day but Sunday, workout with the weights on the upper body Monday and Wednesday, yoga on Friday.  One of my favorite runs was a 12-miler with the club on the river trails last Saturday.  I did the first half in 1:02:08 and the second half in 0:55:52. I think from my log the last few years that's my best 12-mile training run.  Had 182.5 miles for the month.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

January 101.2 miles I too am delighted to crack 100

10 mile race PR 1:22:34

Thanks Carolyn

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

#artbydmcbride

January 103.43

YTD 103.43 Roll eyes

Oops, I forgot my year to date!  Big grin

Runners run

wildchild

Carolyn

January: 167 miles

So, at the end of last year, I adjusted my miles on the last week to insure that my Total miles was a full number--no decimals.  For this year, I'm going to try to do the same thing for every month...kind of dumb, huh?

Well, you'll get a prime number award!  I was thinking of trying to run a prime number of miles each month - but I'm 0 for 1 so far...  I ran 127.5 miles for January.   I could have stopped at 127, or run another 3.5 to make it 131... but no...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh good...I like awards.
                  arf

MM #405

I love your photo, thanks Wild.

88 for me

coastwalker

Greta photo & quote, WC! Thanks for getting us off to a good start again this year.

92.6 racewalking miles in January. Nothing special.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Marathon Maniac #957

152.3 miles for January for me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

65.4 miles for me.  Was doing well at beginning of month, then got some cold/flu variant that knocked me out for 2 weeks.  Now I have sort of loss my mojo...especially for winter running.  Here's  to a better February. Roll eyes

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

19.8 miles, yup, total.  Do I win an award???

Thanks enki. 
                            I hope you get the minimalist award I usually end up with, especially since I’m getting serious, very serious about running this year, even some training for the first time since I was last doing barefoot Ironmans 8-10 years ago.

Tetsujin - 41.2 miles
                            ... Takebashi Imperial Palace Marathon #190 (Tokyo) - 7:20:02
                            . . training - 15 miles (exceeding all training runs combined for all four years since 2009)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

Great reminder about why we run!

59 running miles, but I walked a lot while in Paraguay. I did ski over 30 miles and visited the gym three times a week since my return, so I am pleased with the totals.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

124 miles, which included a reverse taper.