Masters Running

Super Bowl Sunday Feb. 3rd Boomer/Masters Runs (Read 491 times)

GreenMan

.... had fun today. when a cyclist passed me i chased him. caught and passed one guy... ......
    Snork, I ran/walked 24 miles in the mountain. Let the tapering begin, Big grin JJJ
    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
    evanflein

13.2 miles outside... Started at -18 (per the pickup's thermometer), first 7 miles or so mostly downhill. Mile 8 at bottom of the University the sign said -23... I could tell it was getting colder as I descended! 5.2 more miles till I gave up, was totally frosted over. Was supposed to meet DH at his office and he was running late. So I took refuge in the coffee shop near his office and peeled off my very frosty headgear... face mask stuck to my nose. Lovely. It was about a 45 minute break while I waited for him (stretching a bit, ignoring curious stares from coffee shop patrons), then drove home, quickly changed togs and got on the treadmill for.. 4.8 miles on the treadmill, first two miles mostly at 8:49 pace, last 2.8 at 8:34 pace. I was tired by the time I was done. Total time 2:39... Most of the snowy trail run I call "breakthrough" running. Whereby you land on the packed snow, but when you push off your forefoot "breaks through" the crust and you sink down an inch or two. Really increases the level of difficulty. Tallrunner, I know exactly what you mean! Enkephalin, I've been thinking lately about this weight thing. I am heavier than in 2006 by about 10 lbs. But I've run more marathons, at good paces, without injury than ever before. Not sure what the deal is... but the "conventional wisdom" of lighter = faster doesn't seem to be holding for me. But I AM STILL trying to drop some poundage to see what happens! Smile
        Halftime report, I actually ran at 11:00 AM but had people coming over for the game and had to cook and clean. So here it goes . 9.75 miles on slippery conditions but managed about 10 minute miles. Had to do an unfamiliar run and on Map My Run it came out to 10 but in the car it was 1/4 mile short. Oh well close enough for me. 32 F and for some reason my fingers were feezing. I have been running in much colder weather this winter and some days actually had to remove my gloves. Not sure why today but maybe it was the dampness to the air? Back to the game .

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

GreenMan

Great run ERIKA Shocked jjj
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
          munchkn883

Out at 7:15 this morning to meet a couple of my TNT people. We walked the Duke Trail at a "not so good" pace. Hopefully next week it will be faster. Perch -- Saw you running down Pickett this morning. Looking good!!
            btb1490

13.2 miles outside... Started at -18 (per the pickup's thermometer)...
              My jaw dropped after reading that, then the story got even more incredible! I feel like such a wimp now...
              pfriese

Evening all, Busy working all day, so I didn't have time for a run until this evening. 6 miles @ 10:00/mile pace on the treadmill while watching the 4th quarter of the game. Paul
                TammyinGP

Hi Folks! I'm going to post first, then go back and read through the daily. I got in a good 11.5 mile run today. 10 Miles with a friend, then another 1.5 with my dogs when I got home. Finished up just in time to get settled into a Superbowl party - just me, dh and our son, but we had a good time. Our son is REALLY into football and wanted the Pats to win so badly. he was in tears when they lost. Poor kid. It was a good game and I enjoyed seeing Eli pull it off at the very end. I start grand jury duty tomorrow. Something I've never done before. Haven't even had jury duty before. I've worked in the criminal defense system for about 7 yrs now, so it'll be interesting to see another part of the justice system operate that I have never been involved in before. Have a good week everyone!

Tammy

wow Erika - i can't believe you really run in those temperatures!! you are AMAZING!! tammy - you can tell your son he wasn't alone shedding tears - we are all in shock around here!! but.......the Giants totally outplayed us tonight and they deserve their glory!!

denise