Masters Running

Feb 5th Runs and Stories (Read 483 times)

EG....evrybody has a story and here's mine. I'm currently going through nearly the same shin experience as you are. I took 2 weeks off with absolutely no running. By the end of the two week period I could walk with no pain discomfort or sensation what so ever. Went for a 3 miler, 4 miler, 6 miler, 12 miler in a one week period with no problems. The next week I did a six miler and the next day I could feel the slight discomfort beginning to come back when I got up to walk. But the discomfort goes away rather quickly and doesn't bother me much of the day. So I don't think my 2 week period was enough to get rid of it.....but it is much much better. For how long? Don't know. But I'm going to find out. 4 weeks off would have been better, but I, like you, don't want to take the time....when I say it out loud, it doesn't make sense. Confused I have a marathon planned for the end of April. Will see how that turns out. I've got a tune up 25K planned for late Feb. That may tell the story right there. Good luck.
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
    spacityrunner

3.4 in 39 minutes in a chilly 23F. Supposed to be nice this weekend...hope so. Didn't want to go run tonight. I am tired. Swam last night, long day at work today, and it is 23 freaking degrees out...but went anyway and, funny thing this running, I feel so much better. P/T said he can't find "anything" wrong with me after our session today...now that's a change! He also said running in weather this cold is not good for you. I silently chuckled to self as I thought of Erika...this ain't cold Big grin Ribs in a red dress?? I really can't see him in any other color dress but red. Good choice! Good runs and good day

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Nice to have Tim as my palpitation buddy. It is hard to explain what it feels like to people that don't get palpitations. Like a furry little animal doing back-flips and karate kicks in your chest.
        Double post???

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

OMG (tearing up actually), someone who actually "gets it" I love you Enke!!! I really really get it sweetheart. You make me all warm and fuzzy inside...really. Hey, my Cardio guy said, they are NOT skipped heart beats, but rather "missed" heart beats that work them self's in there way some way...thanks Enke. Flip, floppy heart beat....yup, totally understand Happy TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!