Masters Running

40's On the Run - Who's Your Valentine, Baby! (Read 544 times)

Well.....I hope somebody had a good run today. Planned on going for a LR but turned into only 5 miles., 11:07 pace. Guesss that counts for something..... Here's my excuses....the blah, blah, blah was too blah, blah, blah, so after that I blah, blah, blahed! Did ya get that? Jewels
    But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
      Well.....I hope somebody had a good run today. Planned on going for a LR but turned into only 5 miles., 11:07 pace. Guesss that counts for something..... Here's my excuses....the blah, blah, blah was too blah, blah, blah, so after that I blah, blah, blahed! Did ya get that? Jewels
      Ha! Too funny!! I"ll have to remember those excuses. Did 2.25 hours on the trails today, and I think I did pretty good considering I hadn't run them in 4 weeks. About the last 1/2 hour or so my legs were getting pretty side, but cardio-wise, not any real big problems. Since we are now running for time instead of miles, we just took off and went wherever we wanted. Karen took us on Trail 17 right at the end . . . and it was frigging straight up with stairs, roots to climb over, etc. Ugh! I had to stop a couple of times before I got to the top. Bill - no problem. He was like a mountain goat going up. Left us in his dust. Guess there's something to be said about being in really great shape. We cursed him under our breath. Wink I'm a bit tired now, but I am surprised that I'm not totally wiped out. For the next two weeks, I've been told to concentrate on endurance as opposed to speed, etc., to build the strength back up in my legs. Also to shorten my stride and try to get it to 28-30 steps per 20 seconds. That's gonna be a little tough. I have a tendency to take longer strides, but Coach Bill says you use more energy doing that. We'll see how it goes. My big toes got sore toward the end, but no full blown blisters. Nice!! However, if we'd gone any longer, I know they would've come up. This doesn't bode well for the longer runs. Oh well. I just gotta keep experimenting. Later!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance