Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 1.11.14 (if you insist) (Read 38 times)

Mari...saw the race info on facebook...might come over for that...

4.33 miles with a different running group...Homestead Striders...from the local health club...

11 or 12 tomorrow...then church...studying the travels of Paul at Sunday School....

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
    Mariposai

Mari...saw the race info on facebook...might come over for that...

That will be fun. Enkie, Rasmussennp and Divechief, and tetsujin are planning to be here too. The race course is really picturesque and you will be treated with some great wine at the finish line Smile.

It is a good thing that I am planning to run about 15 tomorrow because I made Spanish paella for dinner tonight plus a glass, or two of red wine. Life is good. My DH and I had the parents of Bobby, the young man with stage 4 neuroblastoma  for dinner tonight. We are planning a big fundraiser for Bobby on February 14th. The theme: Mediterranean Escape. The menu promises to be great.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Enke, sorry mine are size 11 but thanks for the info on the PureFlow since a wider toebox is exactly what I need. And thanks, Orange Mat for the info on the PureConnect being too narrow. Can't deal with that at all! I've also found a New Balance shoe that looks promising. I've been such an Asics fan for many years but lately their shoes are too narrow or short in the toe and press on my big toes. Drives me nuts. They had a perfect (for me and Enke) shoe in the Speedstar and discontinued it. Almost like they don't want the business!

So, Mike... didn't it warm up in MN this weekend? Why are you doing 17 on the treadmill? That's some tough duty if it's not really bad outside...

Hope you feel better tomorrow, Twocat. It's no fun being a grumpy gus.  

Holly, our boys' comp soccer team was really good in the state, and it was always a real eye-opener when they went to the Far West Regionals and got their asses handed to them by those Southern California teams... yowza. Sometimes that's just what they need. Hope DD bounces back for the next one.

8.6 progressive pace miles on the treadmill today, after shopping in an almost empty Fred Meyer (aka krogers). Well not empty, but for a Saturday at 1 p.m. you'd think it was almost closing time. I guess that's what -32° on a Saturday will do for the crowds. After my run, I did some house-care that was long overdue. Really shouldn't wait that long to vacuum when I have two cats.....

Mile paces (upped the speed .1 mph each mile):

8:50

8:42

8:34

8:27

8:20

8:07

8:00

Last .6 @ 8:27

It's funny, but when you increase the pace that gradually, you almost don't notice it. I know when I was doing the .5 mile repeats at 8:00 I can't imagine doing a full mile at that pace. But, today I did. So, there ya go.  Smile

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I haven:t bought a pair of running shoes since 1990 and, using the same model since 1943, when they go out-of-style, nobody else:ll need :em that:s for sure.

I:ve never been that fast when running marathons in the Japanese geta wooden sandals but if it take the 7:48 I dreamed about today, I:m gunna call that dream a nightmare.

Japanese sports tv has been replaying green bay:s qb being grabbed by a dozen defenders before getting the pass off, . . . and somehow losing the game.  rats.  \even bigger news is the first sumo touranment of the year starts tomorrow

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

TW, good call on avoiding bursting pipes. We've had a few late night emergency calls.

This rag tag band of runners have been missed. Avenger Doggie is well and loveable. Christmas, our grandson, Noah, announced he was going to be a big brother. What a celebration. After a bit, I asked Noah if we could name the baby, "Robin". He was very emphatic when said, "We're not naming it anything stoopid, Grampy!" After some discussion, we've settled on either "Fake Claw" or "Tadpole". I'm sure Mom and Dad won't mind.

Yesterday, DD#2, had us over for dinner with her boyfriend and they told us they're expecting in September. As I very much like the young man, I wish he didn't live 90 miles away. DW and I are crazy happy to have more grandkids to spoil.

Running has been soft, however, Tag and I got an hour in through virgin snow. One of us was on snowshoes and the other is a talking dog.

SteveP

NHLA

9 miles 1 hr 24 min  Running the Labyrinth and Rufus Morgan trail and Wolf Mt.

I like the NB minimus and merrell road gloves. 

Marathon Maniac #957

NHLA - cool picture - where is that?

Steve - congrats on the new grandbaby on the way!

Erika - speedy run!

Mariposai - have  I told you lately what a wonderful lady you are?    Just when I settle into "grumpy" I read one of your posts and feel inspired.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

NHLA

Holly  pic taken at Kanuga Conference Center. Hendersonville NC.  Copy of Labyreinth in a church in France dated 1200.  Here is a pic of church in the leaves.

NHLA

There are three mts on Kanuga propery. This is eagle rock.

Mike E

MM #5615

So, Mike... didn't it warm up in MN this weekend? Why are you doing 17 on the treadmill? That's some tough duty if it's not really bad outside...

It was a sloppy mess outside, I wanted a good workout...and I wanted to watch the football game.  I'll get out there, today....I mean tomorrow....wait, what day is this?  Sunday, I'll run outside on Sunday.

Marathon Maniac #957

It was a sloppy mess outside, I wanted a good workout...and I wanted to watch the football game.

Sound reasoning to me...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."