Masters Running

Sunday Daily March 13 - Explain How I am Starting it? (Read 34 times)

It is 2:14 and no not AM! How is it that I am starting the daily? At least I can say that I ran today, 6 miles. Really nice weather for March here in CT.

wildchild be nice to that knee! I hope it gets better fast.

StarrRuns funny story about the tickets and all before the time change too!

evanflein a moose as pert of daily sightseeing is just mind boggling to me! That trail though sounds like it is still pretty tough to navigate.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

you're the only one that set the clock right??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

the computers all flipped over to 2000 and quit working??

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Set the clocks back?  Uh oh.

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Back home again after a lovely weekend with friends.  Those wine tours can be rough!  Fortunately I drank a lot of water and paced myself carefully.  There were many who did not, though, and we saw some Doonesbury-eyed folks in the hotel this morning for sure.

No run for me today, no workout at all except unpacking and such.

Back at it tomorrow.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I ran yesterday, it wasn't pretty, lots of walk breaks the first 2 miles, partly to baby my stupid knee, party as I just don't know where my running fitness has gone to and it felt awkward and hard.  5 miles total.

Today I went out again, just 4.3, and the run was much the same as yesterday - lots of walk breaks at first, then around 2 miles the knee twinges mysteriously went away.  Physically this run felt better than yesterday's so that made me happy.

I iced my knee when I got home - I am not an icer, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  Knee feels great now.  Maybe I should have been doing this all the past year?

Now off to a "tea party" for a friend's birthday.

Wild - sorry to hear your knee is still messed up.  I know how frustrating THAT is!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Thanks for getting us going, Twocat.  It sure is nice to see you running.  That makes for a happy cat.

tw--you always crack me up.  Thanks.

Good to hear you had a nice weekend, Holly.  Nobody deserves a nice weekend more than you.

Enke--I ice after every run.  It's a pain in the butt, but it keeps me going.  Nice running, by the way.

I did 14.5 miles today.  It felt pretty good.

Okay--that's it.  I sure ain't looking forward to starting another work week, tomorrow.  But, a new work week will start whether I want it to or not.  See ya! (I guess that wasn't it)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I’m glad I don’t live within birthday party range of MikeE.

Maybe you can do a tome on preparation, running and aftermath
                  of the upcoming RA reunion at the 45th Portland Marathon in October.

Enks - probably doesn't help when running does ruin your knees

and I can't find it on-line but the current Winter 2016 issue of NWRunner

features “Mythbusters: Running does NOT ruin your knees!”

There’s also an article on a “runner’s explanation

why he loves the Portland Marathon.”
                  ps - if Daylight Savings Time is “DST,” what is standard time?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

How come if it's actually 7pm old time, I feel like it already bed time?

Belated Sunday greetings to all.

Enke--glad that you've gotten at least one happy knee run in.  And Carolyn, sorry that your's is still not happy.  but the vansounds like fun.

My knee is almost back to normal.  I can still feel it, but it doesn't really hurt.  2.3 miles yesterday when I dropped DW's car off at the dealer on the otherside of the lake.  8:30 pace felt not too bad.  Today was a 10K at a minute slower.  A pair of really nice days.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thanks for starting us out twocat, and happy that you are running, yeah! Stumpy, glad that your knee is feeling better. Now we just need Erika, Enke, wildchild and Henrun to get off the injured list.  Nice long runs for MikeE and Erika this weekend.  Tomwhite, you do crack me up.  Holly, you probably haven't taken a rest day since your oral surgery, right? What a fun weekend you had.

After a short night of sleep we had to be to church early.  I was sort of anxious to get up and try out our new coffee maker, though.  Our Kuerig died last week so we gave our pods away and are going back to the regular brewed.  I got a Mr. Coffee with a thermal carafe and hope it lasts longer than a year.

The lake sure opened up completely today, yesterday we watched two bald eagles sitting on the ice and today there was none, ice or eagles. My long run of 6 miles was OK, I just wish my foot wouldn't hurt.  I discovered that once I stop to walk it is more painful to run on it again.  I guess I need to just keep going and not stop.

This time change business is for the birds isn't it? It takes so long to get used to it. At least I remembered that my alarm clock has a DST setting that automatically changes the time.  One year I sprung forward, then the clock sprung forward again, oops!

I need to check FB to see if Jay posted there about his race, or maybe see if the results are posted somewhere. Amy, you had a race too, right?

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich