Masters Running

Sunday December 23 Masters Runs, etc. (Read 291 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Guess I’ll start the thread here today. Erika – I am continually amazed at your toughness in running in those amazingly cold temps. Btw, to post my Garmin chart, I had to use something Hally showed me called PrintKey. http://www.webtree.ca/newlife/printkey_info.htm It’s freeware, software that allows you to save a picture of whatever’s on your screen. Then you can crop it down to what you want. When I woke up at 5:30am, I was so thrilled to see 56 degrees at weather.com, that I discounted the 30mph winds that went with it, excitedly dragged out my shorts from a drawer (SHORTS, did you hear that?) and headed out the door. About a mile from home, the rain started. With the high winds, it was like being outside in a hurricane, sheets of water hitting me sideways and blinding me. If it hadn’t been for the glare from my extremely white legs, I might never have found my way home (Holly, with your legs so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?) So I traded out today for a x-training day. First, a 3-mile run (stagger), then: lunges L&R, front raises L&R, bench dips, triceps extensions, bent rows, glute raises, dumbbell curls, and a 13-minute ab/core workout video.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, with your legs so bright, won’t you guide my sleigh tonight?
      Holly, You're funny. Listen, stop praising Erika for being tough and running in -20 degree temperatures. She is crazy, that's all. The other day I could barely tolerate walking 50 feet from my back door to my car in +15 degrees. If I lived in Alaska like Erika, I would stay indoors till July. Dark Horse
      I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
        Raining and warm today, 39 degrees F, 5 degrees C. Didn't run though as I lifted another toenail yesterday on my long(ish) run of 20.8kms. Night before was 13kms, trying to make up for skipping one earlier this week for a work Christmas dinner. I have been doing only 3 runs per week recently and feel a New Years Resolution looming uncomfortably, Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.