Masters Running

Introducing myself. (Read 397 times)

Hello everyone! I am a new runner, 15 months, age 56 (soon to be 57). I have run a couple of 10ks and a half marathon, Toronto, Oct. 14th., and am training for more of the same in the spring. As with so many others, I had done nothing active since playing a few softball games in the 1970s, my weight had gone up to over 190lbs. (I am 6ft. tall) My son inspired me to try running again, something I had not done since high school. My weight is now under control, sortakinda, and I am aiming for a sub 48 minute 10k and perhaps a 1:50 half in a few months. looking forward to chatting with all of you, especially anyone with aims similar to mine. Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

TammyinGP

Hi Simon! Nice to meet you Smile

Tammy

Hey Simon! Way to go with your weight loss and your running. Smile

GreenMan

Hello Simon GL on those goals. jjj
          Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
            Hello Simon.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Manchild

Simon, First of all, welcome! I hope you continue to enjoy your running as much as I have and continued successes. I am sure you will find a home here and people to share your excitement with! Chris
              anachrotech

Welcome Simon. Good luck with your goals and post often.
                SteveP

Good to meet you Simon. I'm Steve....Most people call me "Steve". Steve

SteveP

Thanks, everyone! Tammy and JJesse, I recognise your avatars from another board, nice to see you here. I have been reading threads like crazy, absorbing the atmosphere and humour of the "natives" (it must feel like an invasion), seems like a very nice place, we will try to assimilate the local customs! Simon.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Tramps

we will try to assimilate
                      Yes, resistance is futile. Oh wait, that was Active.com

Be safe. Be kind.