Masters Running

40's + on the Run (Week beg 10/26/08) (Read 492 times)

Mornin' Gang - Today was run 3 easy miles, bike 30 min., or rest. I chose the latter. Unfortunately, my inner clock, as well as Wilson the cat, still thought I was suppose to be up around 4:30/5:00. Tried to go back to sleep, but it just wasn't happening. So here I sit in my robe at 6:00 a.m., watching the news, listening to our first storm of the season whip itself into shape. Lots of wind. Suppose to be like this today and tomorrow. Yea! Should make for just a wonderful run in the forest tomorrow. Blush Joe: Lots o' poker and alcohol, little running - I think you deserve that, my friend. Enjoy! Happy All Hallows Eve!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

((((((Joe's knee)))))) Wish I knew what to tell you, but do know your base is awesome. Taking some down time will likely be harder on your mental fitness than your physical fitness. Sounds like everyone else is on track...Cindy, nice snug run! Poor Mairead Confused MTA: Your comment about the pack made me think of this. I took Katy out for a walk and started out w/ Kerry. He took off in another direction running, and I kept walking with Katy. Piteous whiny dog sounds came from her when we went different directions. She definitely did NOT want her pack split up. Joyous reunion when we met up w/ Kerry a while later. VERY important to stick w/ your pack! Leslie, nice rest in prep for tomorrow Smile. Jewels, astronomy sounds fun. Where's Kelly? Yesterday's run was cut short due to...ahem...an "issue requiring tissue" and a low blood sugar. Ran 2 miles, walked 1 to make it to the park bathroom, and walked home from there munching on shot blocks to boost my blood sugar back up. Skipped my weight lifting class due to work issues. Hoping for a nice long run in the morning though. Happy halowheeeeeen Smile
      Progress Trumps Pefection

Top 'O the World!

Happy Samhain! http://www.history.com/video.do?name=halloween fun stuff Wink One year ago today: today: thinking it's logical for me to either not run today or do it later....off to do yard work....
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
          I like you and you mean a lot to me, but if zombies with chainsaws were chasing us, I would soooooo trip your a$$. Happy Haloween, Jewels Decided to skip my run as well this morning. End of the month statements due for the business so worked on those for about an hour and a half so I wouldn't have to deal with it this weekend. MTA: Awwwww Cindy, too cute! Beautiful dog, really. (The top pic.....breakfast in bed?) Smile
          But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
            Awwwww....Mairead....beautiful baby girl!!! Happy anniversary of finding your peeps Smile
            Progress Trumps Pefection

jfa

Yea Mairead !! Happy Anniversary to ya!!Lotsa good miles and good times under those white paws of yours! Good runs tomorrow for Carol and Leslie! Jim, you still with us? Thanks for the link guys, it helped me formulate my " recovery plan "

Happy New Birthday, Mairead!! ('Cause she was "reborn" when she found her forever home.)

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ultrachick

Holy cow I missed a lot! Quick break to catch up before I go get some miles in. Videos? Can't wait to see what the farm chicks look like after having kids-my biceps are better looking than hers! and the guys too for that matter-I can lift as much as they can! Big grin Glad to see everyone is doing fine-except maybe Joe. Rest up and you'll be fine. Yes, IT band syndrome the pain is on outside of the knee. Maybe have some adductor weakness going on (inner thighs). Start squeezing a ball between your knees, hold for count of 5 and repeat 10, 15, 20, 50, 100 times....... Wink Good luck with the marathon! I'll be busy with class stuff this weekend and getting a couple new clients set up. Put the dirty magazines away, keep Ken and Barbie seperated, happy birthday to Mairead! Kelly
                  If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Top 'O the World!

DH just txt'd (kewl) that he landed tixs to the Sunday Denver/Miami game - where GD is in the halftime show! Smile & it includes invite to join boss's son (party animal) for pre-game tailgate....what/should I bring something??
                    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                      Hey 40s.....Just got back from an easy 6 miles. It's went from fall to spring to summer here in beautiful OK. 81F at 5:30 pm. Starting to get trick or treaters....I love to give out candy. Mtnchck, favor us with another picture of cheerleader GD. Hey Joe, how about a friendly wager on the Cowboy/Giants game? Looser sends the winner something from the state they live in. If Cowboys lose, I'll send you something from OK. If Giants lose, you send me something from NJ. No focus on monetary value, just a trinket or momento from the state. You game? Hope that knee comes around. I have that same issue from time to time. I usually rest it, ice it, vitamin I. I've never been know to overdo do much of anything, so resting isn't a problem for me. Big grin Got new shoes today. The ASICS 2130s I've been running in reached about 450 miles. That's a bit overdo for me and those shoes. I replaced them with the Kayano 14. They're usually a little pricey for me, but these were on sale....
                      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                        invite to join boss's son (party animal) for pre-game tailgate....what/should I bring something??
                        Grab some potato or pasta salad. People always appreciate something being brought, even if there's tons of food already. Have fun!!!!!! What's Vit I good for??? I've noticed a lot of people taking it.

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

What's Vit I good for??? I've noticed a lot of people taking it.
                          Vitamin I is slang for Ibuprofen. The runners friend.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM