Masters Running

Tunnel Day! 7/14/2013 (Read 43 times)

Hi everyone,

I saw the runners off this morning, Wildchild, mariposai, pfriese, rassmussen, cecil, Mike E, and met Twocat.  Hope I am not forgetting anyone.  Then I drove Twocat to the halfway point, where my car barely made it over the potholes and steep dirt hill to get him there.  Will get some supplies and meet up at the finish.  Mike E was in the front row of runners.....he really wants to win this one, or maybe he just can't wait to be first through the dark scary tunnel.  Gorgeous day, will be 77F high, clear blue skies.

Easy pacer and mariposai son (s)?  took the early start, so I didn't see them yet...

I think there will be a few BQs....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

King of PhotoShop

Thanks Enke. Will be fun to learn how they all did. A big day for our forum.

Well, whatever issues were bothering me last week are over. I took it real easy this week, light running and lots of hydration yesterday and today.  Ran a 15K, 100% humidity, but cool temps, high 70's to low 80's, some sprinkles.  Averaged 9 minutes a mile, not real fast, but felt super the whole way, and won my age group.  So lesson learned.  Thanks everyone who chipped in with ideas.  Spareribs

Photo of racers

Left to right: Twocat, Cecil, Mike E, mariposai, Wildchild, pfriese, rassmussen

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

....now there's a Good Lookin' Crew..................have fun

==========

40min bike ride

in rain,,,

,,,,,,,finally

got my hips a little higher (seat adjustment) and leg didn't hurt

I may be getting Smarter,

probably not

.................good running and racing guys...........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, whatever issues were bothering me last week are over. I took it real easy this week, light running and lots of hydration yesterday and today.  Ran a 15K, 100% humidity, but cool temps, high 70's to low 80's, some sprinkles.  Averaged 9 minutes a mile, not real fast, but felt super the whole way, and won my age group.  So lesson learned.  Thanks everyone who chipped in with ideas.  Spareribs

Great news!

Nice picture Enke!

Today should have been a LR for me, but I was still pretty tired from yesterday's effort, so I took it easy and ran a slow and easy 8 miles.

Ran some errands, went to the pool with the family, now puttering around the house.  A lovely day!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

an amazing likeness

Skinny group...eat something will ya.

Photo of racers

Left to right: Twocat, Cecil, Mike E, mariposai, Wildchild, pfriese, rassmussen

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

No updates yet?  Hope everybody had a great day and made it out of the tunnel.

Waiting at Logan for a flight to Philly. That would be 1 takeoff and 1 landing for Mike.

A very hot and sweaty 10k this morning. 72 at the start and 83 at the end.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Everyone finished. Some in style.

Holly, good job in the tri, 3rd master female team.  evan, great 8K with 5th place.  ribs, glad you are feeling better and got a 1st AG in your 15K. enke, thanks for the picture of the marathoners.  I'm anxious for news of results.  Nice long run fatozzig.

This morning, I got in 3 miles in Ludington.  It was in the mid 60s and my pace was 10:52.  Now it's good to be back home.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Everyone finished. Some in style.

Love this!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Great photos!!

Glad Ribs is feeling better ~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Walk-Jogger

It was really great meeting all of you at the Tunnel race this morning! Rachel and I are back at our hotel room resting my very tired feet. Who was it that thought running 26.2 miles in one morning was a good idea!?!? I can barely walk now, but I'm glad I did  it and got to run with such a great bunch of people. Rachel and  I are heading up to Canada tomorrow morning to visit Harrison Hot Springs for a couple of days of R&R.

Retired &  Loving It

Mike E

MM #5615

Cecil--I am still shaking my head over what you did, today...your very first marathon...at 58 years old--all I can do is sit here and shake my head...go ahead...ask wild and enke...I'm sitting here shaking my head...maybe I'm just developing a tick...

Great pictures from today's racers!!

Holly - nice job on your tri yesterday!!  I wonder why they don't have you go from the canoe to the bike instead of the run like a regular triatholon - swim/bike/run!!

Ribs - nice race today!!

We had a great last day in Maine today - I ran 6.2 miles, then went to mass, then dh and I hit the beach, the pool, South Portland and Portland - lots of fun!!  But all good things must come to an end and tomorrow we pack up the camper and head home!!

denise

Cecil--I am still shaking my head over what you did, today...your very first marathon...at 58 years old--all I can do is sit here and shake my head...go ahead...ask wild and enke...I'm sitting here shaking my head...maybe I'm just developing a tick...

"Like!"  Big grin

Leslie
                                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance