Masters Running

Thursday Sunny Runs (Read 505 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, btb, great news about your pain-free running! Thanks for the warning about speed work. That's why I've waited so long, and I certainly won't do much. I'm having too much fun to risk getting hurt!
      Has this forum gone to the dogs Clowning around Big grin Great photos it's easy to see why ya luv'em so much! Good news Bob Smile I've developed a large but soft lump on top of my foot. It doesn't hurt to touch, run, or wear a shoe but very visible, almost golf ball size. I first noticed it the morning after the half. Managed to run 4.4 last evening & 3 miles today, very tight in my right upper ham & buttock. Sad

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

evanflein

... he said the tendon itself looked very good, and that I should be back in action relatively quickly.
        Smile This is great to hear! Don't get too over-enthusiastic though... that was a lot that you did at the gym... {{{Sarge's butt}}} (sorry, I just had to do that...!)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I've developed a large but soft lump on top of my foot. It doesn't hurt to touch, run, or wear a shoe but very visible, almost golf ball size.
          you can have all those parts evierika but I get the feet. [[[sarge's foot]]] - ice and access to air wearing thongs as much as possible Good news Bob Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Renee the dog

Yea btb! Sorry Sarge about your aches. Getting ready to go out running with the babysitter...my Mom is now in the hospital with an apparent stroke. Still in emergency and trying to figure out what's what. My parents are 80 and failing and just flat out difficult. I doubt this is the beginning of an upward trend for them. Undecided My sister is at the hospital with my Dad. I'm a couple hours away and was told to stay put for now. The run will do me good. Echoing in my head is an exchange my mother and I had a few months back where she asked several times during a visit, "Why do you do all this running?" After the 3rd time, I snapped, "So I don't end up like you." (add another to my list of "not-great daughter moments"). Well, that rings even truer tonight, unfortunately. Up until today, my mother had a blessed physical life -- no ailments, no meds, can stand on the first stair of a stairway and touch the floor, not heavy, etc. With zero deposits put in: eats poorly, doesn't exercise, etc. Frustrating approach to life for me to witness! Sorry for the vent. I'm off to do 5 mi.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

seemomgo

Hi Nono,sometimes it is so hard for us to sit back and watch the choices our parents make. I feel for you as you are in a difficult place right now. I have gone through a similar situation with my own mother this year d it isn't easy. The best piece of advice I got was from a wonderful neighbor who is now 75 ---- she said to me - unless your mother is in a home and mentally inable to care for herself you must sit back and let her make her own choices. Right or wrong - it is her life. That was a tough pill for me to swallow. I hope your run helps you tonight! Ribs --- my kids loved the new picture of the puppy! No run today - just work and mom duties. Maybe I can sneak down to the gym for an hour....
                Puppies are cute, but I'm smitten with Carolyn's running buddies. That's the one area Frank isn't on top of--running distances. --speaking of, I'll 'splain tomorrow why I asked about LSDs--thanks for the answers, especially your most thoughtful one, Bob, and your nice comment about my article--am still at work and need to go home, desperately. Cry We need a Tammy in this office!!!! Sarge, a golf ball? Need to take care of that asap. Nag, nag. And a too quick but heartfelt note to nonoruns--my mom died of a stroke. We all have those not-great daughter moments. Like childbirth, moms forget them, I like to think. Good thing, the run--hope you can manage to keep making time for running in the times ahead. You need to do that, to continue to be a good daughter, sister and good mom, etc. Keep us posted. 'night, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                  btb - glad the ankle is feeling so good Nono - sorry to hear about your mom. My mom's 80 and still going fairly strong, but I'm seeing her start to decline ever-so-slightly. In my family, it's my SIL that's the example of how not to take care of yourself - she had a stroke about 3 months ago and she's only 59. Oh, and she thinks I'm crazy for running, too. In other news, I was thinking about you last night when I saw an ad on TV enticing the tourists to come to your hometown. Won't be long until the invasion is in full swing. Hope you can enjoy some relative peace to fortify you for dealing with your mom's health. Ran 2 with the running group tonight on a beautiful trail that I've driven by on various job commutes for about 20 years and never knew was there before. Started too fast and ended up walking the third mile. I'm beginning to think I'm being wimpy by training at such a slug-like pace. Might start to push myself a little harder on shorter runs. Sooooo glad it's almost Friday! Happy almost the weekend! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

GreenMan

Big grin BTB, nice LSD post, filed in in my Training Truffles Drom, I too have some foot numbing, issues on the elliptical. stretches and some planks that's it for the day, jjj Oh yeah, got my Maniac Number, #911, yesterday. contact me if you have a marathon emergency Big grin jjj
                    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                    btb1490

Cry (((nonoruns))) (((nonoruns mom))) “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon” - Winnie the Pooh Smile
                      wildchild

Carolyn

Nono, sorry about your mom and your "not great daughter moments". That made me smile. I'd like to think, like Aamos said, that moms forget them, like childbirth. Smile Last summer my folks were visiting, and my mom made a crack about my sister putting on weight. I said, "That sounds like the pot calling the kettle black." Oops - open mouth, insert foot. My dad smiled, but my mom ignored it and just kept talking. Moms can be difficult, but somehow we love them just the same. Btb, soooo glad your ankle is better. We''re all happy for you. And I think it's awesome that Amy's mom is getting hooked on running. Tell her HI from all of us, too, please. (I'm sure I speak for the group on this one!) JJJ, congrats on #911! Hope you have emergency-free marathons! Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Maniac Number, #911
                          It's hard to stand out amongst 900+ other Marathon Maniacs but you've done it double with all qualifying runs on the trails (two being 50K ultras) and at least two of them in your trademark attire.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Yeah, JJJesse! So proud of you! That's quite the number to have... we were talking about MM numbers at our pre-Boston dinner last month... And that one came up as one that someone might pay extra to get! (that, and #999, and #1000) Congratulations, fren. Now... consider my offer please. Got my 6 miles in tonight, wind, rain, trucks splashing road gradoo all over me... no snow though so that was good. Dropped DS1 off at soccer field and took off, got back 2/3 of the way thru first half. Everyone tells me what an amazing game my son is having, so I watch... hey, coach put him on defense tonight, his favorite spot. He's on fire, stopping everything that comes his way. Goalie bored, a good sign. Love this kid. Final score, 8 to zero... :-) Tomorrow night they play a team not rated so well, so good warm up for Saturday's noon game against arch rival... uh, my alma mater! Oh well. 6 miles in 49:39, 8:17 avg pace. Was trying for 8:45..... Roll eyes