Masters Running

can I start the Wed 3/20 daily? (Read 51 times)

Maniac 505

Just got home from work,  almost normal hours for me this week (6:00 PM to 6:00 AM).  I hope to get out for a short run when I wake up.  Predictions of snow on the first day of spring???

Anyway,  I just wanted to let the Seattle crowd know,  Torchlight race this year is offering an $18 registration today only.  I like that race but I am working this year.

Dave

Tramps

((lame)) Ouch.

It must nearly be Spring, they were putting out the soccer nets at the park where I ran today.  12-miler, with 9 @ MP on tired legs.

Be safe. Be kind.

lamerunner

Giant bruise covering my "good" knee but it seems mostly ok. So now I can go back to worrying about my regular bum knee. No running planned today; most likely an elliptical session.

Beautiful morning though, sunny with new snow on the trees.

Yup, a sure sign of spring in Massachusetts.....the kiddo and his track teammates will be shoveling snow off the outdoor track so they can practice! Traveled yesterday and it was a white knuckle drive the whole way. Bleh. Spring? Please arrive soon.

Congrats to Denise and family! Beautiful addition!

Congrats to Bill's son and his new bride and to the proud parents. Great photos!

Hang in there lamerunner. So sorry to hear of the yak trak mishap on top of all else.

I am still in the boot---getting weaned and can walk sans boot when I am at home. On Saturday I can go boot free and try a longer walk. The abs are good, the mood...not so much.

In racing news, the men of the WMDP (westernmass distance project) won the team competition at the New Bedford half-marathon on 3/17. The overall winner led the men's team and ran 1:06. The women's team placed 10th out of 28 teams with a 1:24, 1:25 and 1:30. Fast field and lots of Boston marathon prep. racers. I cheered and stumped around the course. What a blast and can't wait until I can score some points again.

Had a great day of running yesterday, once solo and then later with the club.  May take a rest day today instead of tomorrow as originally planned.

An old e-mail account was hacked in the middle of the night so my apologies if you get a weird e-mail purporting to be from me. Hopefully I have fixed the problem.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mariposai

Divechief, thanks for starting the thread for us today.  BTW, I just signed up for North Olympic Discovery Marathon, have you done that one? The scenery sure looks lovely.

Butterfly hugs to lame. I am so sorry to hear about the yak track episode.

Karin, Saturday is just around the corner and so is summer when your abs will be the envy of all Smile. Butterfly hugs to you as well!

Well, I did go out for a run yesterday late afternoon. 12.5 miles with 5 tempo miles. I am very pleased with this run!

Off to work now.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

Mari:

NODM has never fit  my schedule, but it is one I always wanted to do.  In it's early days it had more than one volunteer for each runner.,  You had you personal volunteer at the finish (I don't think that has happened for years)  I haven't looked this year, but that has been on my list but usually on my work week.

Good night,  I will check the North olympic when I wake up.

Divechief, thanks for starting the thread for us today.  BTW, I just signed up for North Olympic Discovery Marathon, have you done that one? The scenery sure looks lovely.

Butterfly hugs to lame. I am so sorry to hear about the yak track episode.

Karin, Saturday is just around the corner and so is summer when your abs will be the envy of all Smile. Butterfly hugs to you as well!

Well, I did go out for a run yesterday late afternoon. 12.5 miles with 5 tempo miles. I am very pleased with this run!

Off to bed now.

Bushrat Runner

Last night swam again, might get the hang of it eventually. I better get a couple runs in this week, as if I do make it up for a run with Mariposai I don't want to slow her down too much...

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks, fly by post at lunch.

I have a conference the next two days in Columbus, and my DH suggested that, instead of doing the 3-hour round trip both days, I could stay in a cheap motel in Columbus tomorrow night.  Doing the math, it turns out that gas would be almost as much as the motel, so I took him up on it.  It will be nice to have a quiet night to myself, reading and puttering on my Kindle Fire.

DD starts softball practice tonight, but at least she won't have to shovel the snow off the field, like CNYRunner's DS - those are some dedicated runners!  Still, the low 30's is pretty cold for 10yo girls to play softball in, so I hope it doesn't go late.

5.5 Tempo-ish fartleky run on the TM this morning.

Happy Spring!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

that'll be nice to have a bit of time alone Holly. I love it when I have CLE's to attend overnight so I can totally do my own thing.

no run today,which is fine since it's rainy today.

David's first track meet this afternoon so I hope the rain either stops or really lightens up by then. he's running the 3000m and the 4x400 relay. First and last events. it'll be a long afternoon!  His field event is the long jump.

Afterwards, we stop at DQ for blizzards. I promised him DQ when we got his report card in the mail the other day with straight A's.

Tammy

King of PhotoShop

Not many posts on today's daily, obviously because I am out of town and not posting.

Just checking in.  Here it is almost summer in TX and I am in Springfield, MO and it is COLD here. We're expecting snow tomorrow.  I'll be here til Friday morning.  Ran just 2 miles both days so far.  Project is going well.  Spareribs

Our baby is home!!  Yeah - so sweet to have Baby Maria Kathrine Illsley and her parents home with us!!  Sorry I am so bad about getting pictures here -- can't seem to pull them off FB to here and just havent spent time with photobucket yet.  I worked Monday, slept at the hospital Monday night with my son's gf so he could come home for a good sleep and so I didnt have to drive back in the morning in the snowy mess!!

Please let spring spring!!

7.2 miles this afternoon for me with 1 mile warmup then  8 sets of 1/2 mile pickups followed by 1/4 mile recovery - is that what you do for Yasso 800's?  Can't wait to run 20 on the course this weekend altho more snow is predicted for Fiday night Sad

Ribs - loved the blog on Feetures PF socks -- I love their running socks ... and I especially loved your last comment about the race!!  Wink

Bill - beautiful wedding pics of a beautiful family!!

denise

Congratulations on the new baby, Deez.  Glad everyone is home, safe and sound.

No snow here, but drizzly rain all day.  It's not really that cold, either, so things feel a bit sticky.

Karen - A number of years ago when I tore up  my ankle, I had to wear a boot for quite awhile.  I wasn't running at the time, so it didn't bother me too much, but yeah, it was a pain in the rear.  Better than crutches, though!  Glad you're starting to get some time out of it.  Take it easy.

3 slow miles for me last evening, and I'm happy I didn't wait 'til this morning, what with the weather change and all.

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Anyway,  I just wanted to let the Seattle crowd know,  Torchlight race this year is offering an $18 registration today only.  I like that race but I am working this year.Dave

Dave - thanks for starting the day off, especially in your financial advisor capacity.  Maybe ‘cause I’ve missed five of the seven races I’ve signed up for this year (with two more DNS’s looming for this weekend too), at least signing up for something makes me feel like a runner anyway.  Unfortunately, the Torchlight 8K Run link wasn’t working but the Halloween Runing Scared 5K popped up and got $15 out of me. Thanks.
                              Ps - if it works, here’s a photo proof I was in the St. Pat’s Dash with you and enke last week, . . . I mean, behind you and enke last week.  That’s to you both for the good time.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)