Masters Running

O'Thursday, 3.17.16 (Read 37 times)

TammyinGP

well, David is enjoying his moment of glory - he's currently #1 in a NCAA bracket of over 24K.  lol.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

I managed 45 minutes on the elliptical this afternoon - GAAA! That takes real mental fortitude! I also took the dogs for a short walk - I don't want to hurt my knee,  but the elliptical doesn't do much for them!   It's been snowing on and off all day, and the dogs love to play in the snow.

Happy St. Paddy's day!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Just a quick fly by. First off, Happy St. Patty's Day!! My DW is half Irish and an Irish citizen so we have a mini-Irish dinner to celebrate. As to running I went off for 7 miles after the plumber was a no show today. Hopefully he will get to my place (on time even) tomorrow. Hope springs eternal. Last but not least, my Bluetooth headset died. I cannot complain. It is a Bluebuds headset and it lasted nearly 2 years. Far longer than any other Bluetooth headset I have ever owned. Amazingly, it is still under warranty! They are shipping me a brand new replacement! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thanks folks for all the support yesterday – warms my heart.

Late afternoon run, that I wasn’t sure would happen. I had so much fun that I got Little Walter out for another lap.

Running vs jogging – I think it is a fashion statement. When I am wearing grey I am jogging and black I am running. Simple – see Wink

So nice to see The Beers and The Ribcage get-together

Marj – cool video. Speaking of Herring Run … http://mysticriver.org/herring-run-paddle/

I have an early morning start tomorrow and will try Enke’s method

Amy – were did horseradish come into all of this? I love it too. Ever grow it?

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

spinach

Happy St Patricks Day.  Its a good day for me since after tomorrow I have a week off for our Easter Break.  Then just a month left in the semester.  The end is soon in sight.

i got in a couple runs today, 50 laps (10,000 meters) in the fieldhouse this morning and  5 mile run this afternoon with my dog.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Twocat--I'm kind of surprised to see you in here, today...after starting all that runner vs jogger nonsense.  and wasn't it you who warned us about talking politics?

For the last few days, I have been going back and forth about doing a race on Saturday.  It's the first team race of the year and I think I did one team race, last year, so I knew I should be doing it.  I just really don't want to.  So, I went out to do 11 miles, with the 8 miles in the middle, at tempo pace.  But, one mile into it, I decided I am going to do it.  So, I did 10.6 at an easy pace.  I'm actually not sure if I made the decision because I didn't feel like doing 8 at tempo pace, tonight, or what it was.  But--it will be fun seeing the team and, hopefully, being able to say hi to hermosaboy, before he goes flying down the road.

Oh--and just because I took it easy, tonight, I did not jog--I ran.

Okay--gotta go--se ya!

HermosaBoy

Twocat--I'm kind of surprised to see you in here, today...after starting all that runner vs jogger nonsense.  and wasn't it you who warned us about talking politics?

But--it will be fun seeing the team and, hopefully, being able to say hi to hermosaboy, before he goes flying down the road.

Hit and run post...

Runner versus joggers?

You better say hi Mike!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

spinach

Mike, are you talking about the Irish Run Saturday?  My team wants me to do it but I am not for a couple reasons.  Mostly because St Paul is too far away and i am too lazy to drive down there. Also i want to give my foot a little more time before I race on it.  Also i would like to wait until it is a little warmer before I give it a stress test. Unfortunately it looks like i will only be able to run three of the races in the series. Brian Kraft, MDRA 15k, and the 10 mile.

TammyinGP

Ran 6 miles in unseasonably warm temps. about 68 or so. I haven't run 6 miles since - well - since a very long time ago. I guess that means I did a long run today. 

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

So joggers bounce up and down at stoplights, runners just stand there looking pissed, and ultra runners sit and have a snack...

(okay, I know there are no stoplights on the trails.)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

well, David is enjoying his moment of glory - he's currently #1 in a NCAA bracket of over 24K.  lol.

Way to go David.

Running wise. I had a chatty 2 miles run in the middle of the afternoon, then added 6 miles after work with the Easy Pacer.

I was one lucky gal today. I had a special visitor at the office.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Well I've never bounced up and down at stop lights and I've been told I tend to stand there looking pissed... so I guess that means I'm a runner! I liked Enke's velour suit description, and yes I think that's the differentiating piece too! Definitely a runner here, I get annoyed when people say they saw me jogging. "Really? I don't remember doing that..."

So David's in it for the "love" of the game? That's all I know about tennis... when you have zero, they call it "love."

We had snow last night and today earlier, but then the sun came out and wow was it bright and glorious! A little colder than it was earlier in the month, but with the sunshine it didn't matter. What a beautiful run! And I scared (and oh boy did they scare me) a cow moose and her calf at just past the two mile mark. Momma moose jumped and hit a spruce tree, so the snow came showering down as they took off through the trees almost silently, but I jumped about 5 feet in the air and came down facing 90° to the right of where I was. Wow... less than 5 feet away. My heart was pounding! Took off and ran another .15 mile up the hill before turning around at the planned turnaround point, watching nervously for them when I went by that spot again. Nope, they'd run off. Whew! Another reason I don't like to run in the dark. Hard to see the moose!

5.6 miles in 17° and brilliant sunshine. And two moose.

SteveP

I kinda miss those two around here, Ribs.

I got my first Garmin in December. Kind of diggin' it. Being a trail rat, it needs to track in trees.

Very cool Mrrun.

Love your DD, Tet.

Spinach, it's nice to have you here.

Erika, Yikes!!! When I've got that close to deer, my heart raced.

Work vs Life seems to be a challenge. I'm not complaining. It's dependable. Finding time to post has been a challenge this week. GS#1, the mutt and I had a 5K Saturday.

Tag and I went out Sunday and Monday as well. Sunday was with GS #2, DW and the dog. At 18 months, he still does not like the jogger and seemed scared the entire run. I kept asking if he wanted out and he'd timidly shake his head "no". When the run was over, Jude did not want out period.

DD#1 and her tribe (our neighbors) are going to start raising chickens. Tag's interested.

Monday Tag was like a pup again, tearing through the trails. He's been limping. The vet says it's because of a fatty tumor and not to worry about it. I'm taking him in again. After every run and every night, he gets a shoulder rub. He's eating that up and DW is jealous.

When I started my position, the company was having two full inventories a year because of losses. In the two inventories that I've been through, we're back down to once a year. When I left work, I had nearly 52 hours and there's still Friday and Saturday left.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike, are you talking about the Irish Run Saturday?  My team wants me to do it but I am not for a couple reasons.  Mostly because St Paul is too far away and i am too lazy to drive down there. Also i want to give my foot a little more time before I race on it.  Also i would like to wait until it is a little warmer before I give it a stress test. Unfortunately it looks like i will only be able to run three of the races in the series. Brian Kraft, MDRA 15k, and the 10 mile.

Hey Spinach--you"re a Minnesotan?  Where at abouts?  What team are you on?  Yes, it is the O'Gara's Irish Run.  Of the 3 races you mentioned, I will, probably, only do the MDRA 15K...which is why I feel like I need to do the Irish Run.  Well, this is cool--another Minnesotan--I hope we run into each other sometime...or jog...that might be less painful.t

Marathon Maniac #957

So joggers bounce up and down at stoplights, runners just stand there looking pissed, and ultra runners sit and have a snack...

I just tend to walk back and forth at stoplights....

Erika - yikes!

Steve - love the pics!  I hope Tag feels better...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."